Some of my P3D v3.1 screenshots of Cape Town down south

Hello Folks

My first post of some screenshots I took yesterday, of Cape Town down south of South Africa. I was adding local scenery piece by piece and then testing and admiring the view. I have Orbx FTX Global Base and Vector installed, and FTX Trees, with Active Sky Next weather running. And then I was adjusting the view with a theme I am creating, from REX 4 HD Texture Direct with Soft Clouds. The addon airport of Cape Town International is from a local payware developer NMG, and the mesh is from a local freeware developer Aeroworx, which includes the military airforce base of Ysterplaat and Cape Town Central with harbour. The power station also no longer exists and has been decommissioned and flattened recently. The Cable Car complex version 2, working with live traversing cars, is from Fritz Beyers of Trieng Trieng, another local freeware developer. I must advise him though that the bottom station is not in the correct location, being a native of Cape Town myself, now living in Johannesburg. And I am using all of Henrik Nielsen's AI shipping to add life in the harbours and seas around the world. The Bell helicopter is the model from Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations. I have been testing various FS9 and FSX aircraft and helicopters ported over with very good success, although time consuming as I do it by hand.

Flying over AFB Ysterplaat FAYB

P3Dv3 Screenshot 206.jpg

Cape Town harbour view from just past Ysterplaat. Devils Peak just off to the left, Lions Head to the right with Signal Hill in front of it to the right, and the famous Table Mountain. The Cable Car just visible.

P3Dv3 Screenshot 207.jpg

Hovering by the well known VnA (Victoria Alfred) waterfront, converted from the old VA harbour basins, and now a place to book into some good hotels, go on a boat trip to Robben Island, or just sail/cruise around the harbour, shop, relax, have a good meal, party and go to the sea life marina, just off to the right of the screenshot.

P3Dv3 Screenshot 208.jpg

The famous three residential FM Towers

P3Dv3 Screenshot 209.jpg

Flying up to the Cable car, as can be seen the lower tower just to the lower right on a hill is in the wrong location. It is actually located on the road not quite visible under the left skid, and almost directly below the top tower.

P3Dv3 Screenshot 210.jpg

The two cars barely visible passing each other

P3Dv3 Screenshot 211.jpg

A better shot of the two cars passing

P3Dv3 Screenshot 212.jpg

At the top of the mountain, along the right ridge facing the sea are the Twelve Apostles. In the distance middle to the left, not too clear yet, Constantia, Houtbay Harbour and Kommetjie.

P3Dv3 Screenshot 213.jpg

View of Cape Town as one would see at the top of Table Mountain. The five points van Riebeeck castle is visible just under the tail boom towards the rotor, a National monument and treasure. Two AI ships sailing into harbour on the left, and Ysterplaat to the right

P3Dv3 Screenshot 214.jpg

View of the Cape Flats, this called due it being a flat piece of land between the Cape Peninsula, and the Hotentots Holland mountains in the distance. The Cape Peninsula I'm sure would become and island if the sea level rose high enough. The Black River can be seen that flows to both sides of the sea, left and right. Ysterplaat to the left and distant right is Cape Town International airport.

P3Dv3 Screenshot 215.jpg

Enjoy

Regards

Andrew Brown

Screwbottle

W10 Pro 1703 x64 / openSuSE LEAP 42.2, Core i7 4790K 4.5GHZ OC, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming5 mobo, Gigabyte AMD R9 280X 3GB GPU, Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB DDR3 1.6GHZ mem, CoolerMaster G750M 750W PSU, Zalman CNPS10X Shark Fin CPU Cooler

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Very late replying, sorry guys, my rare trips and follow up to the various forums

FSuksim, I have replied to your PM

JSkorna, yes you would get close to this, as long as you used the addons I mentioned, both payware and freeware. But remember FSX is more than 10 years old, with long dead/stagnant code, and I do have this same running on my FSX. But I CTD (Crash To Desktop) or OOM (Out Of Memory) within 4 hours of running FSX. And that is with it running on W10 at 64bit, FSX is only 32bit with all of it's bugs and limitations, so expected. FSX has serious issues with a memory management called VAS (Virtual Address Space), whereas P3D since version 3 have fixed the VAS issue far better to date. So be warned, it will be close but not exact, and it will give you issues running FSX for a long time.

AV8TOR98, THANKS, most appreciated. I work hard on my SIMS to produce the best results you see here, especially without the big vendors, who ignore this southern part of the African continent.

Screwbottle

W10 Pro 1703 x64 / openSuSE LEAP 42.2, Core i7 4790K 4.5GHZ OC, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming5 mobo, Gigabyte AMD R9 280X 3GB GPU, Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB DDR3 1.6GHZ mem, CoolerMaster G750M 750W PSU, Zalman CNPS10X Shark Fin CPU Cooler

• 1 month later...

Archived