Cannot get GSX installer to load into FSX STEAM

johnyyz

I downloaded FSX STEAM from the steam website onto a separate SSD from my Windows 7 and it seems to run ok and so do 3rd party aircraft but...... When I went to FSDT website and downloaded the GSX installer, tried to run the installer and it says can't find FSX. FSDT says it is compatible with steam

Thanks

Core i7 10700K OC to 4.6 all cores/EVGA 750W G+ PSU/ MSI Z490 edge mobo/GSkill RAM DDR4 32GB(2X16GB) 3600mhz/ ASUS TUF RTX 3080/ Win10 home/ Asus 32 inch monitor 1440p/ CH Flightstick

Did you try clicking on the FSX-SE box even though it wasn't found or highlighted. Just wondering if it would let you specify the location?

It finds my FSX location OK and the box is clickable. I guess if it doesn't find FSX-SE you can't go any further.

You may have to contact FSDT about your situation. You are ahead of the program! I saw your post on their forum.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Did you try clicking on the FSX-SE box even though it wasn't found or highlighted. Just wondering if it would let you specify the location?

It finds my FSX location OK and the box is clickable. I guess if it doesn't find FSX-SE you can't go any further.

You may have to contact FSDT about your situation. You are ahead of the program!

I saw your post on their forum.

Ya the installer is greyed out and won't do anything if I click it. I assume there is no special way to load FSX STEAM onto separate SSD, mine is I:/program files/.......... The only thing I did after downloading FSX STEAM was install FSUIPC but then I deleted it cause it said it wasn't compatible but I had to go into the modules folder and delete the files from there so the module folder is empty

Thanks

Core i7 10700K OC to 4.6 all cores/EVGA 750W G+ PSU/ MSI Z490 edge mobo/GSkill RAM DDR4 32GB(2X16GB) 3600mhz/ ASUS TUF RTX 3080/ Win10 home/ Asus 32 inch monitor 1440p/ CH Flightstick

There are a few (ok MORE than a few) threads about this situation in the FSDT forums, the General area. You might want to go over there and take a look, or register and post your own thread. Mr. Virtuali will be pretty quick to respond, and he knows it all about this sort of thing...

Are you running the very latest version? That has been a problem for a while now, people utilizing previous versions, which longer function properly, due to updates and changes in GSX, and the other programs...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

i think the version i downloaded had that, but i was told to delete fsx steam and clear/delete hotkeys (by doing %appdata% thing) then reinstall, Hope that works

I am assuming that all i need to do is let it download and install ??????? If there is another step please let me know

Thanks

I believe it comes with the latest Couatl 3, but if not, you will need to go to the FSDT site and get it. Like GSX, it MUST be the latest version.

HERE IS A LINK to the latest GSX. Make SURE it's the very latest. It comes with an autoinstaller, which I believe contains Couatl3. If not, go back and get it.

And read through the forum to see, if you're still having trouble, what others have done to solve this problem.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived