First I was pretty determined to buy the Matrox Parhelia™ 128MB for 3 main reasons:
1. The compatibility with FS2002.
2. The opportunity to use at least 3 monitors
3. The important possibility also to work with sensitive professional programs, such as AutoCAD and 3DstudioMax on the same board.
I was determined until I reed some reviews that it wasn’t at all that fast as expected and that you would much better off with an early Nvida solution and save a lot of money.
Arrghh!!…I thought, now I have to start all over again with my hitech plan for the future.
Then I searched over and over again for another board that could fulfil my (tough) needs.
I then only found two series of boards which could match the demands, namely: Nvida Quatro 4 and the “Fire” series from ATI – As an alternative to Parhelia they also would run both FS2002 and AutoCAD ( Though I’m still not sure of how many monitors you are able to line up with these boards).
Anyway, these boards are absolutely way too expensive for my occasionally homework and FS.
And by the way, that goes for the very new Matrox Parhelia 256MB as well.!!!
Therefore these questions of mine! :
1. Have I eventually missed some other boards I my search?
2. Are there any way to set up a homemade multimonitor (at least 3) function on some average board compatible with AutoCAD and FS?