Will these specs run fs9 on max?

epmcinty

Hello everyone,

I know you have read a million threads like these, but I truly appreciate your time. It's been a few years of being out of the flight sim loop and I am trying to get back into it to practice my instrument training and of course for some fun airliner flying. I was wondering, with the listed specs below, will I be able to run fs9 on max with perhaps some payware aircraft (mainly the Wilco CRJ and PMDG 737 series), active sky, some scenery and the usual basic essentials?

Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz

4 GB DDR2 250 GB HDD (I know HD is a little weak but I will only be using this comp for FS9)

Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 1 GB

I also wanted to ask since I have been out of the FS world for awhile, is fs9 compatible with Windows 8 and 10? If so, which of those OS's usually provide optimal performance and rare issues? I am asking because I am considering buying a newer/better PC with likely windows 8 or 10 and am not sure if fs9 is compatible at all since I haven't kept up with everything these past few years.

Thanks for the help guys!

Welcome back!

Based on the Specs you list, you should be just fine running FS9. Of course, you'll have to experiment with your Settings based on what add ons you're intending to use.

If this is your 'current' rig and it's hooked up to the Internet, Win 7 has probably Updated through Windows Update. If this is the case, you'll need to read through this Thread carefully:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?293089-Sim-won-t-load!&highlight=sim+won%27t+load

This might help prevent potential aggravation/frustration while going through the Install process. Of course, always Install FS9 OUTSIDE of the Default Location (e.g. C:/FS9), and set your Shortcut to 'Run as Administrator'.

Win 7, 8 and 10 now use features that won't allow Disc #4 to load FS9 properly; hence, the fix.

Good Luck!

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Welcome back!

Based on the Specs you list, you should be just fine running FS9. Of course, you'll have to experiment with your Settings based on what add ons you're intending to use.

If this is your 'current' rig and it's hooked up to the Internet, Win 7 has probably Updated through Windows Update. If this is the case, you'll need to read through this Thread carefully:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?293089-Sim-won-t-load!&highlight=sim+won%27t+load

This might help prevent potential aggravation/frustration while going through the Install process. Of course, always Install FS9 OUTSIDE of the Default Location (e.g. C:/FS9), and set your Shortcut to 'Run as Administrator'.

Win 7, 8 and 10 now use features that won't allow Disc #4 to load FS9 properly; hence, the fix.

Good Luck!

Alan :pilot:

Hello

W10 has been problematic for some ,but W8 which I use has been no trouble at all. W7 also seems to be very popular too.

PS

I bought a new PC about a year ago .

A basic and what is usually marketed as a an all round family computer.(not an expensive gameing setup)

It runs 9 AND X very well .(a revelation after my old and now defunct XP setup)

You should have a good FlightSim experience with your PC.

There's plenty of helpful advice available here at FScom .

Cheers

Andy

Archived