Are you getting these emails?

Double J

son of a bitch.JPG

I would like to kill the *** of a b&tch who is sending them. I am getting 10 a day. It's funny because the email they are using has only been used once to buy FS products so they must of had a security leak or something.

They aren't coming as spam into my junk folder and they are using dozens of different domains and mailing sources so you can block away forever.

You can't unsubscribe to them either as the unsubscribe link is broken

Do you use Gmail, Hotmail/Outlook etc? Flagging it in your account should eventually help get them filtered as spam. Especially if other users of those email services do the same.

I have flagged everyone of them, marked as spam, blocked etc they keep sending them from different addresses and domains. They send them to the one email that I share with my wife.

An idea would be to contact the company and tell them "it sounds like a good product, but your constant spam is putting me and a lot of other flight simmers off buying it", and see what they say.

They might be completely innocent if a hacker/joker is at work unknown to them.

And like Stringbean asked, who is the company anyway?

An idea would be to contact the company and tell them "it sounds like a good product, but your constant spam is putting me and a lot of other flight simmers off buying it", and see what they say.

They might be completely innocent if a hacker/joker is at work unknown to them.

And like Stringbean asked, who is the company anyway?

It's Flight Gear, they seem to pull this scam every January . They package it up on a disc and try to sell it. I think they use the stories of "new FS's" expected every year to try and milk the suckers for 100 bucks.

It's Flight Gear, they seem to pull this scam every January . They package it up on a disc and try to sell it. I think they use the stories of "new FS's" expected every year to try and milk the suckers for 100 bucks.

Since I read the above as a little ambiguous, let me clarify: The scam is offering Flight Gear, though probably violating the GPL (license), but it's not Flight Gear sending the spam -- they offer free downloads from their website, no "company" needed -- but some scammer.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Since I read the above as a little ambiguous, let me clarify: The scam is offering Flight Gear, though probably violating the GPL (license), but it's not Flight Gear sending the spam -- they offer free downloads from their website, no "company" needed -- but some scammer.

Nothing in the GPL says you can't sell software using the licence. However, one should really be offering something of value over and above the base software alone, otherwise there is no point in paying for it, and making it clear what you are doing. Red Hat software is a good example of both points. This Pro Flight Sim case has a lot more to do with abusing the GPL nature of FlightGear for purely personal gain, while using images stolen from other sites in their marketing (at least they were doing this the last time it came up) and misleading customers as to the original source of the software.

Yes I know that no need to clarify , they call them selves ProFlightSimulator, who ever is pulling the scam does it every year.

...the email they are using has only been used once to buy FS products...

May I ask, from who?

I didn't buy anything from them...

First you say you used that e-mail to buy something from someone.

I asked who that someone was.

Now you say you did not buy anything?

I am confused.

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

First you say you used that e-mail to buy something from someone.

I asked who that someone was.

Now you say you did not buy anything?

I am confused.

I think he is talking about that he did not buy anything from the "Scammers/Spammers". He may have purchased something from a Legitimate place and maybe they sold off an email list??? Beats me!....with a stick.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Nothing says you can't sell it, true, but you must include certain notices, something scammers often avoid. That's why I said, "...though probably violating the GPL (license),..." -- probably, not certainly.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Yes I know that no need to clarify , they call them selves ProFlightSimulator, who ever is pulling the scam does it every year.

Certainly you know that, you were the one who posted. The clarification was intended for others who might misread that as Flight Gear doing the scam -- it took me a second to realize how you meant that, and I was already familiar with this from the past. Others might not catch that.

I didn't intend to offend you, but I was afraid someone would misunderstand, and I didn't want the Flight Gear folks themselves to get blamed by some people.

Sorry you took my post in a different way from what I intended.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Happens every year. I've received them from two different so-called companies pushing these. It's nothing more than some scammers selling the freebie, Flight Gear.

ive just ignored and deleted the messages. Haven't gotten any for a couple of weeks now.

Darrell

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived