Best Laptop For Flight Simulator X?

sweeper21

I play FSX on my desktop, but last year I bought this laptop off the shelf at the local comp shop for 300 GB pounds (460 US dollars) for general surfing.

I installed default FSX on it out of curiosity to see if it'd run it, and it does, the framerates are good and there's no sign of overheating,

It also runs FSX fine when plugged into my 23" monitor to get a bigger picture.

But whether the laptop would begin to grunt and sweat if I installed scenery and weather packages, I don't know-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/laptop-spec_zpszfskgdch.jpg~original

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/lapt-spec-disp_zpsyj0sp325.jpg~original

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever you do, try and find one with:

-- The biggest CPU you can get for the $$.

-- a stand alone Graphics Card instead of the 'onboard' Graphics Package.

Keep in mind that the Laptop will build up some heat, so some creative ventilation ideas would also be helpful.

Hope this helps!

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Currently have a Samsung NP305E5A laptop built with a Quad Core and AMD Radeon Graphics system that has served me rather well. Upgraded the RAM to 8GB from the standard 4GB. Came with the Windows 7 package and bought it 4 years ago for $425 from Tiger Direct (formerly known as CompUSA). Recommend you upgrade the HDD (from 500 GB to at least 750 GB) on it as well because the standard HDD will run out of storage quick. Hope this gives you an idea of what's out there.

Archived