Rotary Encoder to Keyboard

Didactech

Hi there, I have just completed a basic Rotary Encoder reader routine for a PIC 16F62X series micro-controller as part of a larger programme that provides a simulated key-press for toggle input. This routine provides a positive 'true' output on PORTB bit6 or bit7 for rotation in the opposing directions and both 'low' when no change is detected.

It can be used to drive 2N700X FETs which are coupled to the keyboard = & - keys for the increase/decrease function with push-buttons for function select.

FSkey6_front2.JPG

FSkey6_back2.JPG

Don't say it, I know the front looks better than the back but that is junk-box stuff! :D

If anyone is still doing this kind of thing then say so and I'll check back next week and upload full details.

Best wishes and clear skies to all.

• 5 months later...

Update to this project is that I have completed a 32 input (x4 =128), programmable toggle or momentary switch PCB using that PIC micro-controller and it will be available on ebay.

The same PCB can be used for 16 rotary encoders when I expand the inputs of this last project from the 4 shown in this prototype.

FSKeys7sm.JPG

Archived