Curious black line hanging down from planes

sfreeby

Can anyone explain the little black line that hangs down from the planes? Also, are there any tips for smoothing the defining line between the darker "high" sky and the lighter "horizon" sky? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Scott

sfreeby1@gmail.com

P.S. Apparently the "little black line" is not so visible in this .jpg attachment, but it is definitely there - anyone else have this or is it just unique to my rig? I had the same line in FSX and P3d v.2.4 and 2.5

2016-1-8_20-5-37-510smaller.jpg

Is your comment about the AA settings intended to resolve the "little black line" or are both comments intended for the "sky definition?" As for "zooming out" I'm not quite sure what you're referring to. I keep my "outside view: spot zoom at 0.40 for the best visual of the landscape (imo) and I feel as though that view should provide a gradient view of the sky as well. Are you saying (because I truly have no idea) that everyone's rig makes these huge dark over light visuals with the sky at "outside view: spot zoom 0.40?" I seem to have the big contrast light/dark no matter the zoom level. I was just wondering if I've got a setting wrong or if perhaps there is nothing that can be done to fix this. Thank you for your reply(s). I appreciate talking/typing with folks who know! Scott :)

Is this default P3D or are you using a third party program like REX or ASN? The line of demarcation is usually much worse at dawn/dusk but programs like ASN blend it much better than default.

I can't see anything resembling a black line in your screen cap so I cannot comment. Does it happen on ALL planes at ALL times or just certain time of day.

Try Mark's suggestion and change your zoom level to test and see what changes. Zome level can affect a lot of things depending on system.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

I figured out the "little black mark"...it is some kind of a "scratch" in my actual monitor - of course it shows up with every plane... it's a scratch. Sorry for wasting anyone's time who tried to figure this out for me. As for the line of demarcation, I use REX and ASN both. I've probably got some basic setting wrong that if tweaked, I would probably be able to see more blend. I enjoy looking at the scenery at a 0.40 to 0.50 zoom level. The dark/light happens at most zoom levels except for when I'm right on top of the plane. Thanks Vic and mallcott for responding. Scott

Archived