Tastes Great!

It's a simulator!

Less Filling!

It's a GAME!

Tastes Great!

It's a simulator!

Less Filling!!

It's a Game!

And the conflict goes on...:cool: :p :D ;)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I always thought it was a simulator game.......or, maybe, a game simulator.......I'm so confused by all this........time for more meds.......

Anyway, to BurghMaster98, I say welcome to the forum. Check the tutorials and feel free to come back anytime for help.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Pretty simple.

You find the addons in the file library on flightsim.com

They are in the form of a .zip file. (a zip file is a packaged file that contains a set of files)

You "unzip" the file, to get the files. The result is a foder with the files in it.

One of the files is called "Readme.txt" and contains the instructions how to install.

Many sorts of addons, so I can't be more specific on how to install now.

Read the readme text. Usually installing is pretty easy.

If still stuck, ask. (And mention the name of the .zip file you downloaded, and the site you got it from when asking.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some things are better just off left to the whim of the Gods (or the Elves...or maybe Santa Claus himself). Another debate on this subject is one of those things.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

The best way to end discussion on this topic is to stop calling FS a "game". That should do it. Otherwise, those of us who care about language and the meaning of words will continue our objections, irritating though that may be to some.

The best way to end discussion on this topic is to stop calling FS a "game". That should do it. Otherwise, those of us who care about language and the meaning of words will continue our objections, irritating though that may be to some.

I believe the final word should go to MS who marketed the product under its GAMES FOR WINDOWS banner.

IMHO it makes no difference if its referred to as a Game, Simulator, Simulation or simply FS. Individuals should feel free to use what they consider to be the correct definition and not be 'bullied' by those who think they have the right to insist that others use their version of the definition.

Regards

Brian

Further to my post at #13 I found the following quote by Mike Singer, a member of the of ACES development team that produced FSX for MS (his official title was "Experience Architect" of FSX). The comment were made when he was speaking at September's 2006 AVSIM conference about FSX:

"A realistic simulation of a compelling real-world activity is game-like by its very nature."

Regards

Brian

Well, I look at it this way: If I perform a nice smooth touchdown upon landing, i'm a winner!

And, if I crash-land, which happens very infrequently nowadays, I feel like a loser... Wah waaah. So in flight sim, like in the realm of real-world pilots (and their passengers), the real game is to stay alive...

Plus, not everyone who enters FS forums is a maven - so cut them some slack...

How many Angels can dance on the head of a pin?

Just about as deep, and important, as whether to call it a game or a Sim.

Is it REALLY that important?

Enjoy it, call it a bluckor (a word I just made up) if it makes you happy. As long as you enjoy what you're doing on it, THAT'S what's important.

Have fun, and Great flights to all!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

There are no points scored. There is no time limit. There are no winners and losers. So by what logic can flight simulation be called a game? Or is everything a game?

Does the English language have any meaning?

You're just showing you're not paying attention.

How many landings have you made? Have you landed at the highest, lowest, shortest, etc. airport? What's the biggest load and plane you took off from X airport? Can you STOL in and out of X airport? Can you hover a square? Did you get into Paro 1st attempt?

Those are just a few of the many questions commonly seen on this forum. They often cause several people to answer & attempt other things they haven't tried before.

We are a very competitive group! We rely on each other for honesty, as in another game called "golf," which you might have heard of. But we do compete. And yes I and almost everyone else has admitted losing on more than one challenge.

BTW: Check out an electronic golf driving range, shooting range, slot car track, etc. & you'll find people being very very competitive using other sims besides just airplane sims.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived