Help with the approach into EGPH

Pilton

Hello all,

So I'm doing a flight tomorrow and am slightly confused by the approach (I'm flying the PMDG 737-800). I'm flying from EGSS and the route states that the final waypoint is HAVEN (Please view the attached chart [link 1]). It seems then that if flying instrumentally there is no transition onto the ils 06 approach? (Please view attached charts [link 2]) it also seems there is no feasible transition onto the 24 approach?

If someone could point me in the right direction I'd most appreciate it.

Regards,

Rupert Smith

Rupert's Software

PC Specs: i7 4790K 4.4ghz, 16gb 2400 mhz, GTX970 4gb, 128gb ssd, 1tb hdd, zalman z11 plus

So you could open the chart links? How?

Probably not, I bet he looked up the current charts.

Something I did not bother with on the off chance they are different than the charts used by the OP.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Probably not, I bet he looked up the current charts.

Something I did not bother with on the off chance they are different than the charts used by the OP.

peace,

the Bean

I agree.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Thanks very much all!!!!

What a mistake, I forgot to link the charts :O !!!!

jvile many thanks for your contribution, I'll link up the charts now but how on the charts do you know which transition to use? Is there a chart I'm missing that shows the individual transitions?

Link 1: http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic/pamslight-99F2DB31A948C94091BD01158B3ED6B9/7FE5QZZF3FXUS/EN/Charts/AD/AIRAC/EG_AD_2_EGPH_7-2_en_2014-12-11.pdf

Link 2: http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic/pamslight-99F2DB31A948C94091BD01158B3ED6B9/7FE5QZZF3FXUS/EN/Charts/AD/AIRAC/EG_AD_2_EGPH_8-1_en_2014-03-06.pdf

Also the ils for 24: http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic/pamslight-99F2DB31A948C94091BD01158B3ED6B9/7FE5QZZF3FXUS/EN/Charts/AD/AIRAC/EG_AD_2_EGPH_8-6_en_2014-03-06.pdf

PC Specs: i7 4790K 4.4ghz, 16gb 2400 mhz, GTX970 4gb, 128gb ssd, 1tb hdd, zalman z11 plus

Before you get to haven approach would assign you the runway in use 24 or 06 go into your fmc select arrivals for the star you are on and select the runway atc says is in use then activate new waypoints will be added to your flight plan the 737 will fly this all the way to the runway provided you have set your aircraft up correctly.

Jim

I'm no expert but I looked at the charts and it seems like the only transition is TLA. If you are not coming in from TLA, I think you have to join the "racetrack" shown in the chart. I think this is done by flying to EDN, then turning to heading 062, fly outbound to ITH d12, then turn left to heading 242 and capture the localizer.

It's a complicated approach! Thanks all for the help but unfortunately I was unable to do the flight... another thread needed!

Take care and many thanks!

Archived