Traffic Optimizer Network

gderreck

Greetings,

I read where it is possible to install and use the AI Traffic Optimizer on a remote machine. I have WifFS.

I copied over the program files, started P3D on the main machine, opened a flight, started WideFS client and then Traffic Optimizer on the remote machine.

The program appeared to connect, however it showed zero traffic.

Remote machine: windows 10 pro, all simconnect dll from redist folder installed, Traffic Optimizer, WideFS client

Main machine: windows 10 pro, Prepar3D v3.1, same simconnect dll installed from redist as remote machine, FSUIPC latest version (includes WideFS server), Ultimate Traffic 2.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I believe UT2 has its own way of generating AI traffic, which makes it in-compatible with Traffic Optimizer. So that may be the problem.

Did the Traffic Optimizer ever work for you on the local machine with UT2?

Win10 / 4790K@4.6 / 32GB / 3x980Ti SLI / 3x 4K Monitors

Orbx FTX Global Base + Vector + FS Global + REX Texture Direct + Soft Clouds

Duke,

When installed on the same machine as the simulator, all data shows up in the Traffic Manager. I have no way of ensuring it is actually counting UT2 aircraft in the reality bubble.

I have my traffic sliders in set at about 30% in the Lockheed Martin options. However, all BGL based AI is disabled in the scenery library and the corresponding entries in SimObjects.cfg are removed. The only exceptions being FTX Global NA AI traffic (GA only) and Porter airlines (small regional airline using only Dash 8).

Is it possible I require an additional file on the networked machine? Or is it possible Traffic Manager is reading fictitious data from P3D, based on the AI slider positions? I cannot turn the sliders in P3D totally off. If I do, all AI traffic disappears; including UT2.

Thenks again.

Can you enable the verbose option for the console, and then click Refresh followed by Optimize? What does the console show then?

Win10 / 4790K@4.6 / 32GB / 3x980Ti SLI / 3x 4K Monitors

Orbx FTX Global Base + Vector + FS Global + REX Texture Direct + Soft Clouds

Archived