Unable to get into Pilot Shop

RodTod

I've just tried it form my location (UK) and got in no probs. I suspect that the problem lies with a Domain Name Server (DNS) problem in your area/region. FYI DNSs act like postal sorting offices. They contain information on where to get the IP address for a required website. Because it is impossible for a DNS to hold specific info for all of the millions of websites they tend to hold specific info for the local region that they are located in and will have info on them to be able to 'poll' other DNSs further afiled to get the relevant information. If a DNS, or number of DNSs, go down it can cause problems such as unresolved DN/IP tie-ins or timed-out connections due to the serviceable DNSs taking up the extra traffic.

Try this:

Open a cmd prompt window and then type the following command -

ping http://www.fspilotshop.com

and then hit enter.

This will ping the address and if its able to reach the website host server it will display reply information. If it unable to reach the server it will display timed out information.

If the ping is successful then try accessing the site again. If it times out try again later

Regards

Brian

Try this:

Open a cmd prompt window and then type the following command -

ping http://www.fspilotshop.com

and then hit enter.

This will ping the address and if its able to reach the website host server it will display reply information. If it unable to reach the server it will display timed out information.

If the ping is successful then try accessing the site again. If it times out try again later

A good idea! Also try typing in tracert http://www.pilotshop.com

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks! Did that and it sends out 4 packets, gets back 4 packets so it looks like its working. I've tried reaching the shop on my Tablet, home PC, my wife's home PC and on two different browsers, Chrome and IE. Cleaned out cache, cookies , restarted the PC, no help. I guess I will use other sites for a while. Its just gotta be something with my ISP. Oh well....there are sales on the other sites too. I have no problem getting to them. Thanks! I'll try again in a few days.

Wow! This is so frustrating! I have no idea what to do now. Ive been trying for a while to get on the Pilot Shop. So far, I have been able to ping the shop, but, I get the white screen on my home PC, on my wifes PC, on my iPad, Android Tablet, and cell phones. However, my wife was able to get on at her place of work. I unplugged the modem, allowed it to restart, then restarted all the home electronics. Same thing...I'm at a loss...Any ideas???

Thats what I think. But its New Years Day so I doubt anyone is there. I will try that tomorrow. Pretty strange. I cant get it on anything here, yet my wife has no problem at work 40 miles away. And why just that one page?

Physical distance doesn't matter as much as ISP and associated networks do. Her office could be going through a different ISP altogether, or a different portion of the same ISP's network (ie. residential vs commercial). If the issue is common to all computers and devices in your house, the issue is at some common point. Either the router or modem in your house, or else upstream somewhere.

Archived