FSUIPC 4.949 for v3.1 now available

mallcott

• 1 month later...
Not in British woods, and there's been a fishing quota system off our shores for nearly three decades.

So, on balance. No.

Hop across the pond! In North America there's lots of bears and the water abutting our shores is still plentiful as well. Otherwise we wouldn't have 45' and larger non-commercial fishing boats by the thousands here.

BTW: Both over here and over there, there is still a huge contingent of FSX users. Many like me, have both FSX & P3D but leave the P3D alone since I don't consider it desirable yet. However if the 64bit vaporware ever gets marketed up and works, that will certainly make P3D at least a serious alternative for me.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

A straw poll at the flying club this morning (a deffo no-fly day with heavy rain and zero vis): 12 members have a flight sim program - 18 people in the clubhouse at the time

3 have X-Plane

6 have FSX in various flavours

9 have P3D in various flavours

6 have A N Other sim package (DCS, CFS etc)

That's 24 out of 12... or an average of 2 per simmer, but with P3D the highest represented. Interesting that few had X-Plane, supposedly the best at representing flight.

What is also interesting: Of the 9 P3D users, ALL were using the sim themselves - many of the others simply had it on a shared computer for the kids or another family member - the actual students/pilots/retired pilots didn't touch it.

None was using v1.x

FSX is simply enduring a long, drawn-out demise. If it was a horse you'd put it down to save further pain and suffering.

DTG it seems are, literally and figuratively, still flogging it...

Personally, and this is my opinion only, as long as Dovetail Games is supporting FSX-SE, FSX will still have a future. That being said, P3D is definitely the future. If you look at things objectively, until version 3.0/3.1, the pace of P3D development was really fast and many people, like myself, choose to sit it out. Now that P3D has become a mature product, the adoption rate of P3D will grow quite quickly. I wouldn't be surprised to see FSX-SE slowly fade away.

A straw poll at the flying club this morning (a deffo no-fly day with heavy rain and zero vis): 12 members have a flight sim program - 18 people in the clubhouse at the time

3 have X-Plane

6 have FSX in various flavours

9 have P3D in various flavours

6 have A N Other sim package (DCS, CFS etc)

That's 24 out of 12... or an average of 2 per simmer, but with P3D the highest represented. Interesting that few had X-Plane, supposedly the best at representing flight.

What is also interesting: Of the 9 P3D users, ALL were using the sim themselves - many of the others simply had it on a shared computer for the kids or another family member - the actual students/pilots/retired pilots didn't touch it.

None was using v1.x

FSX is simply enduring a long, drawn-out demise. If it was a horse you'd put it down to save further pain and suffering.

DTG it seems are, literally and figuratively, still flogging it...

Mallcott,

I'll do my best to do a copy paste of Google trends & my response. Please go to the site a P3D lover recommended and consider the facts. At least what Google calls current.

As I have said many times before, I have FSX and P3D but prefer FSX. Whoever be it Dovetail or P3D that comes up with a truly usable 64 bit program will be my new favorite FS program!

Today, 05:00 PM #18

Rupert

Rupert is online now Senior Member

Apr 2014

Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Robinson View Post

Not according to google trends:

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=fsx

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=p3d

Jim,

I just used your links and used the compare feature. As I read it the most current reading says P3D 2 & FSX 15. I use old style math, you may not. But according to your provided chart site, Fsx is currently 7.5 times more popular than P3D.

Of course you could say P3D is trending up. P3D wasn't around in 2008 so I agree 2 is a trend up from 0.

However your provided chart link still says FSX is 7.5 times more popular currently than P3D. I agree with that chart.

Just an instant update,

As far as I know this website is pretty neutral about various FS programs. There is a forum for almost everyone. They don't care what program we prefer as long as we sim.

As of about a minute ago 205 people were viewing FSX on this site & 15 were viewing P3D. Is FSX done, it sure doesn't look like it here or in Google trends.!

Nobody is going to convince me to give up or delete FSX....why...I have Level D 767 and it is a darn good airplane....but I also have P3D....so seems so many are in favor of that...I agree with a poster someplace one has said that a simmer has to decide what they want and go for it.... FSX is still the best for me and thanks Rupert for your comments...I agree. but P3D is my @nd favorite sim no doubt about it...al v

Archived