Traffic Optimizer for P3D

DukeSan27

In order to reduce sim-connect issues which some users have been facing, I have started a new version of the optimizer. This is a trial version to begin with as I am also not sure it fixes the sim-connect issues or not:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/74043ns44045hnw/AirTrafficManagerP3D_Radar.zip

This version requires LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll, which you must place in the program directory. I cannot distribute this file.

To get this file, first download and install the P3D v2 SDK from here - http://www.prepar3d.com/support/sdk/, look for "Click here to download the Prepar3D v2 SDK tools with examples". Second, install it. Third copy the LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll from SDK installation folder (Prepar3D v2 SDK 2.5.12946.0\Utilities\SimConnect SDK\lib\managed) to the same location where AirTrafficManager.exe is located.

Note that you must use the "SDK v2" version only. It will work with P3D v3.

Original description of the program, in case you don't know what this program does (ignore the FSX references):

AI traffic can be a FPS killer at even moderate settings. Many of us like to decent amount of traffic around, but this finally becomes a tussle between volume and FPS.

To help this situation I have written a program which automatically tries to manage the traffic. The logic is pretty simple, you give the program a target number of AI aircraft, by default 100. Every 60 seconds the program will check how many AI Aircraft are there and then it will delete AI Aircraft above this number. Aircraft farthest from your aircraft are deleted first, so traffic around you should remain largely unchanged.

You can change the target number to your choice based upon your hardware.

Traffic Settings within FSX:

You should set the the traffic density in P3D to something which gives you decent traffic around you. For example I use MyTraffic, so I set the density to 35%, which I think reflects RW traffic. In my situation my FPS goes from ~12 to ~18 with this program in KJFK.

How to use:

Unzip the contents - https://drive.google...dit?usp=sharing

Start FSX, let it come up fully

Start AirTrafficManager.exe

Enter the Departure and Dsetination ICAO codes (optional)

"Check" the "Auto Optimize" check-box

The first clean-up will happen 15 seconds after you check the check-box, and after 10-15 seconds of that you will notice your FPS increase.

I have not programmed in VB.Net for ages, so if you are going to try this out then you are a beta-tester :)

Notes:

1. This program runs separately from FSX so hopefully will not crash it.

2. If you get a message in the console saying unable to connect to FSX, please re-start AirTrafficManager.

3. Although the check for AI Aircraft is done every 60 seconds, the clean-up happens 15 seconds after the 60 seconds

4. The original program was for P3D, you can find the discussion thread here - http://forum.avsim.n...imizer-for-p3d/

5. FSX version is not tested much as I mainly use P3D, and I created this version on request from FSX users

Requirements:

1. FSX SP2 / Acceleration

2. FSUIPC

Acknowledgements:

1. Uses the FSUIPC Client DLL for .NET by Paul Henty

2. Pete Dowson for pointing out the critical bug for SP2, Sesquashtoo / Ray Proudfoot and many other for testing and feedback in the P3D thread

Win10 / 4790K@4.6 / 32GB / 3x980Ti SLI / 3x 4K Monitors

Orbx FTX Global Base + Vector + FS Global + REX Texture Direct + Soft Clouds

• 11 months later...
Hello, I am getting an issue with this program. For one, it is not starting up, and not giving any visible error messages, but when I take a look in the event viewer, it seems to be having an issue relating to the KernelBase.dll and net framework. Is it because the installed net framework is newer than 4.0, or should that not matter. Windows 10 operating system. I had it working on 10, but had to restore my system due to a hardware upgrade, and it hasn't been working since.

Archived