Problem Activating FSX Deluxe edition

jamesjsmith

You say you've got FSX Deluxe, I've got the later FSX Gold and I don't know if the activation procedures are the same.

It's been awhile since I activated my FSX Gold but I seem to remember you get a choice to activate by phone or online. I chose phone and it worked.

Try both methods.

Also if you type the key online it might be case-sensitive.

FSX Gold Is The One I Have But I Am Trying To Install The Deluxe Edition What Comes With It.

I am not familiar with Gold, but i believe that it FSX Delux with acceleration? If so install the whole thing as that will give you both SP1,and SP2 than try again. If that doesn't work, try putting your computer into safe mode, i haven't had the product key problem but i have had problems contacting the server during activation, i could activate in safe mode.

• 7 months later...

If you're in the United States it's 1-866-740-1256 . To see the numbers for all countries look at the file called Phone Activation.xml in the main FSX folder.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

I have a Gold Edition I bought several years ago. It came with two (2) volumes labeled "Flight Sim X: Deluxe." Those are the basic software. If you can fly FSX with full function, then you already are activated with Deluxe. Which may be your problem with activation.

Another disc in the jewel case is labeled "ACCELERATION Expansion Pack." It has another different activation product code. As I understand it, that is where the Service Packs are located.

Do you have an Acceleration disc as well? If not, you don't have the whole Gold package.

BTW: I learned a long time back that regardless of product, whenever I try enter a activation code, I have much better luck using "Copy" and "Paste" than trying to read the code and type it in

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hi james,

Check that you're using the Deluxe product key and not the Acceleration. And "G"s and "6"s also look alike. Copying and pasting would be a bit difficult. Can't think of anything else.

Jim F.

Jim,

I have a basic HP printer that is also a scanner. I just scanned my codes in and saved them as a pdf. Then I simply pick whichever one out I need and "copy" and "paste" from the pdf. The computer can tell the difference between a O & a 0 a lot better than I can! ;);)

Hey Rupert,

I don't know where your Product Key stickers are but mine are pasted inside the Gold case. I guess it would be possible to scan them. The scanner's depth of field has always impressed me. I've suspected that the MS product keys never contained Os or 0s as I never came across any. I think I became aware of this when I mistook a D for an O.

Jim F.

Hey Rupert,

I don't know where your Product Key stickers are but mine are pasted inside the Gold case. I guess it would be possible to scan them. The scanner's depth of field has always impressed me. I've suspected that the MS product keys never contained Os or 0s as I never came across any. I think I became aware of this when I mistook a D for an O.

Jim F.

Jim,

That's exactly where my codes are. And handily they're also labeled so I'm sure I'm looking at the correct one each time. And yes, they scanned just fine.

My FSX Gold software has neither a 0 or an O in the activation code either. I was just using that as an example. And it came to mind because I did have that exact issue with another software activation code recently. Since then, it's all "copy" "paste" as long as I have that option.

You can't 'RAM' it through. There is a certain 'ORDER' that you must perform.

(1). You install FSX 'Deluxe' (1st DVD). When window to 'Register Online' comes up you enter the 'Product Key'. When done you MUST 'Restart' your computer. This adds files where needed (including Registry). You dbl-click on FSX Icon and start FSX. You fly for a minute. You shut down FSX. You 'Restart' your computer.

(2).You install FSX 'Acceleration' (2nd DVD). When window to 'Register Online' comes up you enter the ''Product Key'. When done you MUST 'Restart' your computer. This adds files where needed (including Registry). You dbl-click on FSX Icon and start FSX. You fly for a minute. You shut down FSX. You 'Restart' your computer.

NOW you are done and FSX Acceleration is correctly installed, so FSX will work as it is supposed to work. Leave out the 'Restart' parts and you will fail. That's a 'Windows' requirement, not an FSX requirement. Good Luck.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I have never restarted my computer during FSX installs and I get a 100% success rate each time. If a restart was necessary, Microsoft would have built that code into the installation portion. And no it is not a Windows requirement.
http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

The original thread is from 2015. The Op just posted a thread that shows his fsx is running now. So this is resolved.

The second poster's question about the phone number is probably answered as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can't 'RAM' it through. There is a certain 'ORDER' that you must perform.

(1). You install FSX 'Deluxe' (1st DVD). When window to 'Register Online' comes up you enter the 'Product Key'. When done you MUST 'Restart' your computer. This adds files where needed (including Registry). You dbl-click on FSX Icon and start FSX. You fly for a minute. You shut down FSX. You 'Restart' your computer.

(2).You install FSX 'Acceleration' (2nd DVD). When window to 'Register Online' comes up you enter the ''Product Key'. When done you MUST 'Restart' your computer. This adds files where needed (including Registry). You dbl-click on FSX Icon and start FSX. You fly for a minute. You shut down FSX. You 'Restart' your computer.

NOW you are done and FSX Acceleration is correctly installed, so FSX will work as it is supposed to work. Leave out the 'Restart' parts and you will fail. That's a 'Windows' requirement, not an FSX requirement. Good Luck.

Chuck B

Napamule

Actually my experience is you must install "Deluxe" which is on two (2) DVDS. Then after a Restart install "Acceleration," which is on the third (3rd) DVD. And yes, Deluxe does have a different Activation Code than Acceleration.

Just in case this horse isn't quite dead enough; I've never had to do a system restart at any point installing both Deluxe and Acceleration. I intentionally refrained from doing anything that wasn't spelled out in the installation procedure of Deluxe, Acceleration and the SDK. I did refer to the procedure for installing the SDK at FSDeveloper. I did not install to the default and the only edit I had to make was to enter the complete path statements in dll.xml to get the Tools to appear with the OPT shown in the menu. As there have been many posts regarding install problems it was my intention to post about any problems I had.

Jim F.

Archived