It's Win10 worth to get it?

omega7

If you're happy with 7, and you don't see anything you really need being supplied by 10, I'd stay with the devil I know. I don't think 10 gives any advantages to MS FSX. over 7.

I'm slightly biased. I've been beta on 10 for a year, and have decided to stick with 7 for my current system and needs

10 aint bad, it just doesn't give me anything I gotta have

(4/16/19) ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop. I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, FSX:SE, Oculus rift, Windows 10

(Built 03/08): GA-EP35C-DS3R, Q6600 (oc=3.4Ghz), 8GB (4x2) DDR2 1066, Corsair 850W, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro; FSX Gold+Accel+REX+UTXUSA+UTXTAC+MegaSc MN

Opinions vary.. :p Myself, there is nothing with Win 10 that would make me

want to switch from Win 7. And many negatives the way I see it. I see myself

staying with Win 7 for quite a while longer. The only way I could see needing to

switch is for DX 12 support, and I see no need for that anytime soon as far as the

sims.

I choose the OS to run my apps, not the other way around. As far as FSX, I

consider Win 7 64 the overall best and most stable OS for the app. So there we are.. ;)

But to each his own..

Hmmm. I just made the switch a week ago. I had my reservations due to the vast time spent in fsx installation and tweaking.

My fsx in win7pro 64bit would crash on every exit. Not on win10. Also my fsx would hang on vatsim startup for most non-default aircaft, not anymore. I absolutely love win10. Havet had any program refuse to run. I dont know how it can be so 'improved' if it is not so different from 7 that my programs cant tell. I love Cortana, the voice control. I recommend upgrading.

Oh, I had an issue that was all my fault nevertheless Microsoft includes online help so I was able to initiate contact in a chat session and ultimately invite the support tech to remote control my system to help me.

You can roll back to previous windows within a month too.

Once your system says its ready to install 10, and not before, its worth checking out.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Archived