Any aircraft.cfg editors available?

Jammerjonn

Any aircraft.cfg editors available? I would like to edit\change some of the freeware aircraft from this website. Some have taxis lights so bright you can't see the taxi ways, change the views, change the jet engine sound files etc. Thanks

Also, is there any freeware wav files to add real voices to boarding and de boarding passengers etc? Thanks

Any aircraft.cfg editors available?

Yeah, it's called "Notepad" and comes free with Windows. Works great. Just make sure you save first, then change it.

I THINK taxi lights are integral to the model file (.mdl), and can't be changed in the aircraft.cfg.

Sounds are contained in the Sound folder of the aircraft in question. Most things seems to have upgraded sound sets, just do a search in the site's library.

As to boarding/deboarding, I am not sure how that works, but it seems like it's part-n-parcel of the sound set for the plane.

Hope this helps a little bit...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

"is there any freeware wav files to add real voices to boarding and de boarding passengers etc?"

sure there is, FS Passengers will add passengers and they offer users a "FREEWARE DEMO" Version too to try , with limited abilities.

•Download and Try FsPassengers for FREE !

•If you like it, simply purchase an unlock code. No additional download required !

*** •Unregistered demo only "limit you by the departure area but you can land anywhere".

•FsPassengers have an easy to use install/uninstall program, no files or registry key left.

LINK : http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=download

For aircraft.cfg file there's this handy guide.

If ever you loose the bookmark don't worry, just

google: aircraft.cfg fsx

and it's the first on the list.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526949.aspx

For cabin announcements, search the library. (cabin announcements -is probably a good guess for a search term. Replaces the 'ping' sound of the smoking switch to a recording of a safety briefing.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived