takeoff clearance

Tigani

hello

is there anyway to get the takeoff clearance before reaching the hold short point ?

let’s say ( i am in a bit of rush in my flight today :D ) and i want a quick lineup and takeoff

but i have to wait until the hold shot point then asking ATC then ATC give me the clearance

all that takes a long time , so can I take an early takeoff clearance ?

of course I dont mean from the gate ! but maybe a few distances before the runway

thanks

After departing the Gate, do you immediately switch to Tower frequency? I find that more often than not, as you taxi, you can get takeoff clearance before reaching the Hold Short point.

yep I switch to tower frequency

but ( ask takeoff clearance ) option doesn’t appear until I reach hold short point

I've had the same experience as Zippy where I get clearance well before the Hold Short point somewhere on the taxiway. In those cases I don't recall if my departure airports are Add-On or default sceneries, but it happens frequently.

Paul

I've had the same experience as Zippy where I get clearance well before the Hold Short point somewhere on the taxiway. In those cases I don't recall if my departure airports are Add-On or default sceneries, but it happens frequently.

Paul

to be honest I had this too

i dont remember which airport was but what i remember is that i was able to get

takeoff clearance early on taxiway before hold short point

Could be that the HS points for intersections of runway are located closer to the parallel taxiway. Therefore while taxiing to the end you get prompts to ask for takeoff clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks sir

i checked the airport’s AFCAD and hold point looks fine

there must be a way I am sure about it :cool:

Vatsim has some great LIVE ATC, If you would like.

That's interesting. Are you allowed to "barnstorm" in this Vatsim? Any penalties for just having fun and ignoring "FAA" rules? Does ATC "pester" you for not getting back to them in a timely manner?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry, retired now and enjoy Fs2004 as a "game". Sometimes serious, sometimes crazy.

Too Old To Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young To Die ....

Too poor for REAL flying lessons .... Too crazy about living to even try.

Since this is a "game", I think I'm not interested at this point in FAA rules nor overly-serious play ATC.

So, even though I recognize this fills a "need" for some wannabes .... it's just not for me as I have no need to be a real pilot nor play by FAA rules in a "game".

P.S.: As an Aeronautical/Aerospace engineer .... I know the difference between play simulation and reality. Kinda like the former at this stage of my life.

Roger Rodger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

An Engineer, HUH???? Worked with many of your kind.

I only worked with a couple engineers in my day, but I learned that they don't always think of us poor mainentance pukes.

Something may be a wonderful design, and it takes three times longer for us line apes than it should to pull a card out of a box, or even get a box out of a bird, when a simple, small change would make it easy as pie.

Or someone's brother-in-law makes small screws, so they use 3X more than is really needed. Just small things like that can make a maintenance man pretty upset, or if done "right", very happy campers.

All on Phantom II's, of course. About the time the Phantoms Phaded (:D ) out of the Corps, they phinally got it all right. Phigures, don't it? :D :D

Just my take on engineers, is all.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived