GPS Capability

miatamariner

With the new GPS gauge by G. Munro, I have a renewed interest in finding out just what you can automate with the GPS that I never explored with the Garmin 500 series due to the complexity of finding and knowing the correct knob (button) to click in the proper sequence. Now that this new gauge provides a much easier interface and that the author has automated much of the processing of flight plan info into the gauge, I have a question about GPS flying.

The new gauge provides multiple approach path selections for the destination airport. After selecting an approach path, can the GPS automatically fly the aircraft to and into the approach pattern and adjust altitude (descending) to eventually capture the localizer and the ILS, or does the pilot have to manually descend the aircraft to chart altitudes?

Thanks

90 reviews and nobody knows?

I suggest that you close this thread and repost your question on this thread https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?294781-FSX-Garmin-GPS-500-Replacement-Gauge. There is a lot of information regarding the new gauge and the author is very active on the thread and will no doubt be able to answer any questions regarding the use of the gauge.

Regards

Brian

The default gps will make the plane follow your selected approach path. (with plane set up correctly, gps mode, loc, etc.)

It will not make the plane descend. You will have to do that yourself.

You can either use Alt-hld, or do it manually.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived