FA-18 eye "candy"

il88pp

It's different, but I like it. Great pic!

Been there done that with three "three year old that is into everything pink" twice w/my two girls. Enjoy it now, 'cause that phase don't last forever, trust me :eek:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

my flight simming system: Windows 10 CyberPower PC i5 6600k 3.5 gHz, Gigabyte NVidia GTX 970 graphics, with FSX, FSXSE and P3D all installed side-by-side on a Crucial 525 SSD. Dual monitors, with a Saitek X52 joystick w/ rudder pedals for controls. It's all powered by a Thermaltake TR2 Gold 700W power supply sitting in a Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 case.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No fsx for a while yet. Haven't showed her the new paint job yet either.

I won't answer further questions about her, sorry.

--------------------------------------------------------

About the paint though:

It's not really a finished paint yet. I want to add some colour to the aircraft body too, think up a logo, maybe

create a different night time look if I can, plus I'm looking at some other things.

It's a bit of an experiment too. I'm still learning the functions of the image editor.

I noice painting is going in bursts.

Lots of reading, thinking, imagining, reading again. Then a sudden burst of creating a few new versions.

Then some rest, and then it all starts over again.

Thanks for the thumbs up!

It's weird, it's a very simple shot.

Just put it on a runway, default scenery and mesh, freeware addon airport.

I set the outside view up and to the right a bit. Took off, and took the snap less then a minute after takeoff.

No thought went into it.

Maybe it's the contrast between the green and the pink that makes it look good?

Must say, the more I look at it, the more I like it too.;)

il

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pretty bird. Very nice paint job, so far!

I sincerely doubt I would want to be caught dead in a PINK plane, though... :D

So far, so good! Keep it going!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Thanks guys! Peer, I saw your paint kit in the library, so I expected you'd like the pink.;)

I've tried punching a few holes through the wing, to make the cheese:p look complete, but no success yet.:( Got some suggestions to do it though, some avenues left open...

If I get further with it I'll post updates, but no clear vision of it even at this time, so could be a while.

(Must admit, I didn't follow the cheese saga, just saw a few references. But it had a nice ring to it.:) )

cheese slice:

cheeselook1w.JPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Y'know, the Navy uses the "Swiss Cheeze" model for incidents. They try to teach the crews and maintenance personell to watch for "the holes lining up". The pilot didn't notice something on preflight? Slice of cheeze with a hole in it. Maintenance said "We're sure someone will catch any problems." Slice with hole lined up with the other one, and so on till there's a BIG problem. Any ONE slice removed, Maint Control says "NO, Go check it out NOW!", for example, no incident.

Are you trying to tell us something here?? :D :D

Starting to look interesting though!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

LOL!

I see now.

Well, you're certainly getting a fine bird into the mix, no question! And getting better all the time!

Looking forward to seeing it as it improves :D And good cheese to ya! :p

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived