AMD Driver reset? Prepar3d v3

shishkabab

Hi.

When I load Prepar3d v3 and load the flight, I get a notification saying that my amd driver as stopped responding and has recovered; then my screen (simulator not computer) turns white. Any way how to fix this?

Specs:

Windows 10 64-bit

Intel® Core™ i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz

AMD RADEON R9 M295X

Also note I am running a 27" 5K iMac with Windows 10 64-bit operating under BootCamp.

Thanks for your help!

Edit: This is the error I am getting:Capture.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Do all the usual troubleshoots.

Rollback driver

Clear shaders

rename prepar3d.cfg or delete the card lines.

There are very few simmers using the AMD card because they are not suited to the platform. It's not meant to be that way, but that's the truth of it.

Clearing the shaders fixed the problem, but only on the first boot of Prepar3d, and I don't want to have to clear the shaders every time I boot into Prepar3d.

Renaming the Prepar3d.cfg didn't help either.

However, I found a fix on the Prepar3d forums written by a guy named "frederick_abele" who posted this amazing fix for R9 290 series drivers including mine! The fix wasn't as obvious as I was expecting. The file is in the Prepar3d root folder/ShadersHLSL/ParticleCS.fx

Capture2.PNG

This fixed my issue like I was back to operating Prepar3d in Windows 7!

Thanks for all of your help!

Thanx for posting a potential fix!

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Archived