Purchased several payware, now need help incorporating which programs work together!

captpola

Just need help trying to set up these payware files to FSX and figuring out what goes where!

I assume, then, there is no Auto-Installer for them to place everything where it needs to go?

Generally speaking, aircraft folders containing model, sound, texture folders, air files and aircraft.cfg go into FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes folder. Gauges can go into FSX/Gauges folder or into the aircraft panel folder. Effects go into FSX/Effects folder.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I assume, then, there is no Auto-Installer for them to place everything where it needs to go?

Generally speaking, aircraft folders containing model, sound, texture folders, air files and aircraft.cfg go into FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes folder. Gauges can go into FSX/Gauges folder or into the aircraft panel folder. Effects go into FSX/Effects folder.

Oh no there is, I'm just making sure there isn't anything additional I need to do..for example I installed REX ESS OVD and keep getting a "could not load weather warning". I think I already screwed it up lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no there is, I'm just making sure there isn't anything additional I need to do..for example I installed REX ESS OVD and keep getting a "could not load weather warning". I think I already screwed it up lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, Sorry, I was probably typing while you were posting the 2nd post.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

A word of caution - that is a strange choice of addons. You should read up a bit if they can even play nice together, and if not, maybe pull a refund of some of those (Flight1 offers this option). A few of them might even clash or at least there is no point to using them together as they cancel each other out.

- REX does the same thing as Flight environment IMO (replacing sky and water textures).

- FTX Global does the same thing than GEX does (replacing ground textures, and only one of them can "win" in the region you bought GEX for)

- FTX Vector will clash with Ultimate Terrain USA, It is not a good idea to run two vector replacements at the same time

- REX essential already has a weather engine, basically there is no need to add ASN as well. But this combination at least works as long as you do not use both weather engines at the same time. With ASN the REX4 textures would be a better choice.

FTX Global does the same thing than GEX does (replacing ground textures, and only one of them can "win" in the region you bought GEX for)

From a best quality software, which of the two do you recommend?

Windows 7 Home Professional (x64) Service Pack 1, Asus P8Z77-V, Intel Core I7 3770K 3.50 Ghz, 16 GB, PC3-memory, Asus Radeon HD 7970, Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB, S-ATA III.

From a best quality software, which of the two do you recommend?

Matter of taste really, like with all texture replacement addons. And of price, GEX is way more expensive than Global as you need multiple packages to cover the whole globe. Me personally I went through three products, FScene, all GEX packs and Global - and ended up flying photoreal most of the time. I found something I didn't like in all of them.

But apart from that, it depends a bit on what else you have in terms of scenery. ORBX packages sometimes seem to rely on FTX Global being installed, so you may have visual glitches when using GEX instead.

Archived