A place to download airport diagrams and approach charts

Qballbandit

Good morning,

After being absent from FS for a few years, I can't remember where I used to download airport diagrams and approach charts from.

Can someone recommend a site that has these goodies? SIDS & STARS are a bonus, but doing mostly low-n-slow GA flying these days.

Thanks very much,

Neil :)

Another great site is AirNav. it has great detail, you can make and save flight plans, every thing. I use it all the time.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

In the library search for FSX Airport Chart Gauge. Read the comments, there is a specific way to build the data base. A link to the method is there too.

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz LGA 1150 PNY GeForce GTX 780 3072MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video

Gigabit Z97 Gaming 3 LGA 1150 ATX Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600

SanDisk 128GB SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State

That certainly works for Australian airports! The very first Google hit is Air Services Australia, which is the government body responsible for AIPs.

Hi Steve

I recently replayed a DC-3 cockpit CD I bought many years ago featuring VH-MIN of Dakota Air Services. I noticed that it was filmed at Mudgee airport!!

Dijvid

You don't say! We've been in town for over six years now and I have never seen a DC-3 at our airport. The biggest (and loudest) I've seen is the occasional C-130 Hercules from nearby RAAF Richmond. My wife and I have both on separate occasions been in the various DC-3s of Dakota Air at their home base on the NSW Central Coast. I don't particularly like it. The plasticiser "smell" from that vintage vinyl fake leather makes me extremely nauseous. But my wife absolutely loves these old planes, and a husband's gotta do what he's gotta do ...
Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Yep, I do say!!

Just looked at the CD box and it was copyrighted in 2004.

Never been in a DC-3 myself so can't comment on the "smell". However, my cat's litter tray is in the room where I do my flight simming so I'll leave you to imagine what my Beech Baron smells like :p

Dijvid

Archived