How to add new aircraft to show in drop down

Harreec

Harry,

Please list the Steps you used to install the C-150 into your Sim...

Thanks!

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Harry,

Please list the Steps you used to install the C-150 into your Sim...

Alan :pilot:

...Unzipped the file in a temporary folder c150_v2

...moved the entire temporary folder to the FS aircraft folder

... Unzipped the Sounds.zip file in the sound file

...Unzipped the file in a temporary folder c150_v2

...moved the entire temporary folder to the FS aircraft folder

... Unzipped the Sounds.zip file in the sound file

Could there be another aircraft folder hiding inside the "temp" folder?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

MrZippy is correct,

Inside the unzipped folder are two folders.

C150_V2

and

C150_V2T

Those are the aircraft. Those are the folders you install in the "..\Aircraft" -folder,

where all your other aircraft are too.

-----

On another note, there is also a fix for the aircraft. In the library as file:

c150fix.zip

The fix adds better night textures.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just checked and both files are in the library as well as the "fix" which has been downloaded and installed as per read me file. This is my first add on to the original program and it certainly is not going well.

I don't have access to my computer for a couple of weeks, so I can't look at the downloads. As il88p has confirmed the aicraft download contains 2 folders with an aircraft each in them.

C150_V2 and C150_V2T. So each of these folders should be seen where your other aircraft are stored. There should be NO TEMP folder in there.

Ok, I tried the first one,

From the unzipped file c150_v2.zip I installed folder:

C150_v2

I did not test the other aircraft in it, folder:

C150_V2T

I installed C150_v2 into my aircraft folder. Then started FS.

It worked.

I noticed:

*No thumbnail images supplied, but the aircraft shows in the aircraft list with the generic images.

*Many FS98 gauges. Not a problem for you in your FS2004. (Is an issue in my FS, which is FSX)

*Aircraft shows up as spinning preview.

*Aircraft shows, with seemingly complete cockpit in even my fsx. Should be 100% fine in FS9.

here are the screenshots.

after unzipping:

---------------------------------------------

help mrz c150 1.JPG

installed with all my other aircraft:

---------------------------------------------------------

help mrz c150 5.JPG

selection screen:

----------------------------------------------------------

help mrz c150 2.JPG

preview:

------------------------------------------------------------

help mrz c150 3.JPG

virtual cockpit vc:

------------------------------------------------------------

help mrz c150 4.JPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gwillmot,

To help Harreec, I tested if the plane was faulty.

It is a Native fs2004 plane.

(MDL8MDLH)

It shows up fine, even in fsx. The plane is not fauly, the .cfg is correct.

Just helping out. Helping MrZippy help as well by posting some pics, as he does not have access to his pc at the moment.

Nothing wrong with that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

gwillmot;1952386]...............I'm just against "trolling" in forums when one doesn't even "have" the designated software/hardware...............

I think you are missing a valuable point here. Many users of FSX, like myself, cut our simming teeth on earlier versions of the sim and, therefore, have a lot of valuable experience and information to offer. Just because I solely use FSX now (and indeed no longer have a copy of FS2004) doesn't mean that I can no longer provide help.

At the end of the day the thing that keeps ANY community alive is the wealth of information held by its members AND their willingness to provide that information when required.

Considering your stated view you seem happy to 'troll' yourself and give your 2 cents worth on threads that are discussing issues with other versions of the Windows OS. In many of your replies you simply advocate using XP (your chosen OS) - IMHO this adds nothing to resolving the problems that thread starters are seeking answers to.

Regards

Brian

I think you are missing a valuable point here. Many users of FSX, like myself, cut our simming teeth on earlier versions of the sim and, therefore, have a lot of valuable experience and information to offer. Just because I solely use FSX now (and indeed no longer have a copy of FS2004) doesn't mean that I can no longer provide help.

At the end of the day the thing that keeps ANY community alive is the wealth of information held by its members AND their willingness to provide that information when required.M

+1. Good post Longbreak754!

Should I take back all useful information that got someone in this forum up and running? I'll let the OP decide!

Gwillmot,

To help Harreec, I tested if the plane was faulty.

It is a Native fs2004 plane.

(MDL8MDLH)

It shows up fine, even in fsx. The plane is not fauly, the .cfg is correct.

Just helping out. Helping MrZippy help as well by posting some pics, as he does not have access to his pc at the moment.

Nothing wrong with that.

I can't thank you enough for the screenshots. By comparison I found I had a cv_2 file within a cv_2 file. Once I removed it everything worked beautifully. Thank you all for your help!

Mr Zippy,

Thanks for the +1 on my comments. However, it looks like other readers of this thread will get a little confused as the post that I was replying to appears to have been deleted along with the rest of the replies posted by the member I was replying to

Thanks for the response back! I'm sure that the people who are "in-the-know" saw what was going on and probably wanted to give +1 also!

Nice pic - I just might use is it as my avatar pic. Hey, I might even go the whole hog and change my user name to something like 'justtrollin'.

However, on a serious note, you seem to have skewered view on what 'trolling' actually is. The view of what is a 'troll' and 'trolling' is subjective but the widely held view (with regards to internet forum use) a troll is someone who seeks to sow discord and/or anger by posting either off-topic messages or, more commanly, inflammatory comments witth the sole intention of provoking a response, often for no other reason than their own amusement. Clearly, this is not the case with the information provided in this thread as the OP clearly states that he found the information provided, especially the screenshots, to be helpful and allowed him to resolve the issue.

Interestingly, your posts were removed from the thread shortly after your response to my first post in the thread. This could only have been done by you or a moderator, I can only assume that if you deleted them yourself, you did so because you realised that either:

a. They added no value to thread, offering no information whatsoever to help the OP resolve his issue.

b. That your comments were inappropriate and uncalled for.

c. That FSX users, and indeed users of other versions of FS, can and do offer valualbe information in FS2004 and other FS related threads.

d. All of the above.

If you are still of the opinion that the actions of users who only use/own FSX and who post information in FS2004 threads is 'trolling' feel free to report such comments to the moderators and let them decide what is appropriate or inappropriate.

Regards

Brian

Archived