what fantastic freeware, just gorgeous

wolf2

been aware of this freeware forever, just haven't gotten to downloading it. did so overnight and installed this morning before work, so only had time for a couple. but what a gorgeous plane and texture!

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss327/nonamedammit/flag%201%20copy.jpg

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss327/nonamedammit/flag%202%20copy.jpg

Phil Colvin

The detail is fantastic. May I ask which bird that is?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

thanks, Patrick and zipster! Patrick, tis Manfred jahns c-47v2, and I cant check the name of the texture r n, but its for that download only. yes the are really goregeous, even close up. zippy, pehaps next time youre eating coconut crème pie u should use a fork rather than put youre face in it! :-)

Phil Colvin

thanks, Patrick and zipster! Patrick, tis Manfred jahns c-47v2, and I cant check the name of the texture r n, but its for that download only. yes the are really goregeous, even close up. zippy, pehaps next time youre eating coconut crème pie u should use a fork rather than put youre face in it! :-)

Nice shots.....finally! ;) Maybe there was a delay for your screenies to show in your post?? Some weird happenings on the forums today. I also have that particular American flagship texture.

Was that a takeoff from Meigs Field, Chicago? Also thought Pat was having a Senior Moment.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

At first, I couldn't see the shots either, wasn't til I came back to the forum later in the day they appeared. That's why most people just upload their shots to flightsim.com rather than using a 3rd party service :)

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

Humph!!

I don't have Senior Moments.

I clearly saw not only the airplane, but the purple dragon flying formation on it. But I was sure the post was on the plane, so I didn't mention it!

So there, neener!:p ;)

Thanks Phil. I have that bird tooo. I need to get that livery for it. The cockpit in that thing is wonderful :)

Thank you for the wonderful post!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Beautiful, I assume that's an FSX add-on?

Yes, the C-47V2 is for FSX.

Fly's like a dream, too. One of the better DC-3/C-47 type birds out therre. Mr. Jahns does some amazing work!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thanks gonzalo, andy, larry. pat (yes, I love the modernized vc), john (he sure does), klee (yeah, fsx only - but I seem to recall an awfully nice one for fs9 from maam sim), jan (thanks, I will do that), and steve! will do more dak action w that one soon, that texture is so gorgeous it deserves a lot more to be shown off.

Phil Colvin

Something about those chrome finishes, that bird looks awesome all shined up like that. jan's french 47 looks very nice too :cool:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

my flight simming system: Windows 10 CyberPower PC i5 6600k 3.5 gHz, Gigabyte NVidia GTX 970 graphics, with FSX, FSXSE and P3D all installed side-by-side on a Crucial 525 SSD. Dual monitors, with a Saitek X52 joystick w/ rudder pedals for controls. It's all powered by a Thermaltake TR2 Gold 700W power supply sitting in a Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 case.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Archived