What Specs for Computer?

captpola

Are you looking to build? or to buy straight off the shelf? For FSX and Windows 10 this would be adequate.

Using this with all sliders at Max and AI traffic at 35% All Orbx scenery...

specs.jpg

Get's you this:

Respectfully:

David...

"Remember, All you have to do is ask."

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/10/25/windows10signaturecopy.jpghttp://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/helicoptero_animado_2.gif

Welcome to the forum Alan. Since FSX is all about raw CPU speed the CPU is ,by far, the most important component in the entire system - especially if you want to "max out graphics" (which very few of us can actually do). Look for an Intel CPU rated at 4GHz or better. At the moment the 4790k still gets my vote as it's single-thread capability is the best available and FSX is basically a single-threaded application. Most any modern motherboard will do unless you want to get into overclocking (but that's a whole other discussion). You'll need a minimum of 8GB of RAM and any quality brand of RAM rated at 1600MHz or faster is just fine - I'm partial to Corsair but that's just a personal preference. The graphics card isn't all that critical with FSX but I wouldn't recommend a cheapie either. Any midrange nVidia or AMD with at least 2GB RAM will do. Couple all that with a minimum 500 watt power supply and a decent case and you're all set.

FSX will run on any Windows version from XP to 10. But whatever Operating System you choose be sure it's 64-bit capable as the 32-bit versions of Windows can severely limit the operation of FSX (these limitations are also true with a 64-bit OS but much lesser degree).

You'll get a lot of differing opinions about PC specs and most all are equally valid. All I can suggest is get as many opinions as you can and then read, read, read, and then read some more. A pattern to this madness will eventually appear and, hopefully, get you to the right choice.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Oops I didn't realize this posted, I wasn't done typing! Lol shows how much I know about forums. I started another thread with close to the same title but I put my specs for computer I just purchased. I could paste the specs here for you guys to see? I'm just wondering if it's any good to run FSX to its max.

Thanks for the welcome, I'm glad to be here!

Here are my new computer specs

Processor - Intel Core 4th Gen I7-4790

8 Cache up to 4.0 Ghz)

Windows 8.1 with Windows 10 upgrade

1 TB 7200 rpm SATA 6Gb/s hard drive

8 GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600 MHZ (2x4GB) Non-ECC

Slot Load Dual Layer Blu Ray Combo

2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon R9 270 Graphics

Dell Outlet Alienware X52 R2

See my reply to your other thread.....Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Archived