Radar INOP

dutchman2

Is there some secret switch or separate installation protocol that must be done? Please don't say RTFM as there is nothing in the radar section that addresses this.

The radar image in mine is basically a bitmap. The curser goes into a hand over the knobs but regardless of right or left mouse button usage on knob - nothing happens. No knob rotation. Tried uninstall / reinstalling once with same results. Also tried setting cold and dark, same result. Same result also with ready to taxi setting. Even waited until airborne with the same result (the gens were up and syc'd - tcas and radios were up fine). Mouse changed but nothing responded to the mouse clicks.

Regardless of how the electronics are set up, the radar knobs should respond to the mouse clicks. There is no reaction to them in my case. All other switches flip or crick as required in both cold and dark and ready to taxi. Its just the radar knobs that don't function.

If all the other avionics are functioning, I presume that to be a sign that the radar should have power (at least in the real world - no special radar bus).

I don't think the AV is the problem, but to check, do you know what is the radar file/gauge name to look for?

I still use XP so FS9 is in the default (programs-micro soft games) install location.

I presume UAC is an admin function. I don't think its on as I still use XP and haven't had any other signs that there is an admin issue on other add-ons.

That's the same gauge I saw in the gauges folder. Even compared the case of the file name to the listing in the panel cfg. Thought maybe a mis-name could be the problem.

Thanks for the assist.

The Dreamwings / Flight 1 folks need to clean this thing up and get a update or service pack released.

Biggest blunder is the SUPERS do not have a # 2 Thrust Revereser. The folks at HJG got it right on theirs and they are freeware!

The product is very old now and will not have a service pack released for which there is no need.

A very few people who had problems with the weather radar solved it with a reinstall. There is clearly something peculiar to your computer which does not like the RealityXP setup.

Dreamfleet modelled their Supers on the Valsan conversion which involved engine no.2 having its reversers removed. I think you will find Dreamfleet got it right.

That was my point. Exterior model may be correct, but the #2 selects/indicates/spools reverse.

You probably have an internet connection. My install was remote, my game pc is a stand alone. That may be the problem. I did do a reinstall, just not the full blown from scratch like an initial purchase.

That was my point. Exterior model may be correct, but the #2 selects/indicates/spools reverse.

You probably have an internet connection. My install was remote, my game pc is a stand alone. That may be the problem. I did do a reinstall, just not the full blown from scratch like an initial purchase.

I have never noticed that the number 2 engine can still operate in reverse. My axis for no.2 engine has no reverse assigned to it.

Probably a licence issue is causing problems with the radar. If you don't install it using the download from Flight1 the correct registry entries/licence file is not being produced. Have you contacted Flight1 to ask for advice ?

• 1 year later...

Just to update things a little.

I now have a direct internet connection. I have reinstalled the product. Still no functioning radar. Looking over at the radar product website, there appears to be something to do after the install to get a functional radar.

Archived