Post your best GA PIC shots here...

Hi Folks,

Just figured I'd start a thread for our best GA PIC shots and see how it goes - start off:

Base to Final - KORF

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/scottb613/BAC%20to%20Norfolk/DSC05090_zps794128a8.jpg

Post'm if you've got'm...

;)

Regards,

Scott

bJQZKiw.png

Here's some taken a few years back:

1) Turning final for runway 9 (now rwy 10) at the Greeley, CO airport (GXY), in my L-21 (military Super Cub).

2) My friend buckling in to the L-21 at BJC (Jeffco, or Jefferson County, now Rocky Mountain Metropolitan) after refueling.

3) My friend and me at GXY, parked for breakfast (they had excellent breakfast burritos).

MKtrip17_cut.jpg

MKtrip19.jpg

MKtrip08.jpg

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Hi Larry,

Nice shots - that's got to be the quintessential tail dragger and high on my list to try... While it appears you may have been flying first - before flight sim - I wonder how many people started with flight sim and progressed to pilot - I'm sure there are quite a few - me included...

Regards,

Scott

bJQZKiw.png

While it appears you may have been flying first - before flight sim -

Yes Scott, I was flying before home computers, let alone IBM PCs (they appropriated the term Personal Computer for themselves, though it was in use before them), and certainly before any home flight sim (the airline sims were in use, and of course the old Link Trainer). You might note that there was a Sub Logic sim ( MSFS predecessor) for the TRS-80 (and I think for the Apple ][ ) very early on, but they were very crude. And version 2 for the Amiga (I still have it) and, I think, the Atari.

I wonder how many people started with flight sim and progressed to pilot -

I doubt anyone has a count, but there are quite a few regulars on this site who've done just that.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Hi Larry,

Yeah - my first computer experience - while still in High School my buddy had one of the early Apples - programs were loaded via cassette tape recorder - strictly ASCII screens - no real graphics... I can remember the 1st gen flight simulators as well...

My favorite time to fly - coming back from Danielson CT:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/scottb613/BAC%20to%20Danielson/DSC04884_zpsf74076c6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/scottb613/BAC%20to%20Danielson/DSC04887_zpsba6e4ffc.jpg

Regards,

Scott

bJQZKiw.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Skytrek,

Nice set and beautiful country - from the east coast of the US - Australia seems like the ends of the earth... I traveled all over the Far East back when I was in the Navy - Australia was one of the places I wanted to hit but just didn't get there... Next best thing - the Australian Navy pulled into Hong Kong during a combined fleet op with us - man - we had one of the best port visit ever - what a great bunch of guys and man could they drink...

Regards,

Scott

bJQZKiw.png

• 8 months later...

Archived