V3 Adding AiAiircrafts with a link to folders outside P3D Folder to an other HDD?

Emile

Hello,

I try to link Ai Aicraft folders installed on an other HDD to PD3 V3 using the V3 Simobjects.cfg .

P3d is installed to an SSD (F drive) an the AI Aicrafts folders are installed on the I: HDD

This the simobjects.cfg I have modified :

[Entry.14]

Title=Addon Airplanes 2

Path=I:\FSX Extention\SimObjects\AIAirplanes

Required=False

Active=True

[Entry.15]

Title=Addon Airplanes 3

Path=I:\FSX Extention\SimObjects\AI_Aircraft_CH

Required=False

Active=True

[Entry.16]

Title=Addon Airplanes 4

Path=I:\FSX Extention\SimObjects\AI_Aircraft_NL

Required=False

Active=True

[Entry.17]

Title=Addon Airplanes 5

Path=I:\FSX Extention\SimObjects\AI_Aircraft_RAAF

Required=False

Active=True

[Entry.18]

Title=Addon Airplanes 6

Path=I:\FSX Extention\SimObjects\AI_Aircraft_VOZ

Required=False

Active=True

[Entry.19]

Title=Addon Airplanes 7

Path=I:\FSX Extention\SimObjects\FTXAI_Aircraft

Required=False

Active=True

This seams NOT WORKING , when I use Task Manager and start P3d there is NO ACCESS to the I drive and I see none of the AIs.

On the P3d site they say that I need to use the SDK ...

"Emile , all .cfg files in the C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 folder should be edited using the guidelines in this section of the SDK...http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningC ... ation.html , any other way will lead to errors and failed configurations..."

What is the use of the simobjects.cfg files if it not possible to add a link to an other HDD?

Or do we need to have all the files in the P3D folder?

I am lost ...

Help please and thanks in advance

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10 Pro X64

I have no problems doing exactly how you have done it. Have you added the AI to the scenery library in P3DV3? This will add the BGL Files to the scenery library

CPU: I7 4790K @ 4.5 ghz, GPU and CPU water cooled

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970

MEM: Gskill Rippjaw 1866 17900

MB: Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z97X

QUOTE=torkermax;1949306]I have no problems doing exactly how you have done it. Have you added the AI to the scenery library in P3DV3? This will add the BGL Files to the scenery library

Hello Torkermax,

"Have you added the AI to the scenery library in P3DV3" do you mean the Traffic .bgl?

I use a folder on my C: drive called Traffic add and this link is in my scenery.cfg

"[Area.158]

Title=Traffic Add

Local=C:\Traffic Add

Layer=158

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.159]

Title=World Mesh P3D

Local=P:\World Mesh P3D

Layer=159

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE"

Is this OK?

The 159 is the Free mesh

Thanks in advance

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10 Pro X64

That looks correct if you used the P3D scenery addon and pointed it to the correct folder that contains the AI scenery/bgl's. You have installed the SDK?

Hello,

Yes I have installed the SDK and I try to understand the content ....How to use it ...

Emile - Have you tried changing Required=False to True?

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Hello Vic,

Changed to True = same result

When I use Task Manager there is NO access to the I drive ...

FYI this is the topic also on P3D ... It does not help me ..

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=115654.

More tests?

Yes please ...

Have a nice day

It looks funny to me to see a path like "I:\FSX Extention\SimObjects\AIAirplanes", you're adding another level that doesn't exist in any sim structure "AIAirplanes". I don't know if that matters but what happens if you change things around so you have paths like this:

[Entry.14]

Title=Addon Airplanes 2

Path=I:\FSX Extention\AIAirplanes\SimObjects\Airplanes

Required=False

Active=True

[Entry.15]

Title=Addon Airplanes 3

Path=I:\FSX Extention\AI_Aircraft_CH\SimObjects\Airplanes

Required=False

Active=True

[Entry.16]

Title=Addon Airplanes 4

Path=I:\FSX Extention\AI_Aircraft_NL\SimObjects\Airplanes

Required=False

Active=True

[Entry.17]

Title=Addon Airplanes 5

Path=I:\FSX Extention\AI_Aircraft_RAAF\SimObjects\Airplanes

Required=False

Active=True

[Entry.18]

Title=Addon Airplanes 6

Path=I:\FSX Extention\AI_Aircraft_VOZ\SimObjects\Airplanes

Required=False

Active=True

[Entry.19]

Title=Addon Airplanes 7

Path=I:\FSX Extention\FTXAI_Aircraft\SimObjects\Airplanes

Required=False

Active=True

Emile - Have you tried changing Required=False to True?

Vic

The purpose of the Required = section is only to make the sim unresponsive if these items are switched off. There should NEVER bea reason for this setting to be set to `true` unless you're setting up a Kiosk operation.

It cannot be the cause of the issue the OP is seeing.

It's somewhat puzzling why you have no access to the I drive. I'm somewhat perplexed by the "using task manager" to access the drive. Can you view the drive and contents from "My Computer". My apogies, Im just trying to understand.

Thanx Mark - thought so but just a WAG.

Torkermax - I agree - if the system doesn't see the drive there's no way the sim will.

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Don't mess with shuffling folders around to achieve "Simobjects\Airplanes" as I suggested earlier, I just renamed mine Simobjects\Motorcycles and made the respective change in simobjects.cfg and my airplanes all still showed up! :)

If you have FSX try copying the C208 Caravan or something into one of your defined AI folders and see if you can select it from the select vehicle screen, that should tell you whether the problem has to do with your remote folder setup or your traffic .bgls.

It's somewhat puzzling why you have no access to the I drive. I'm somewhat perplexed by the "using task manager" to access the drive. Can you view the drive and contents from "My Computer". My apogies, Im just trying to understand.

Hi Torkermax,

See attached screen shot.

Thanks

I do not understand how to use the SDK.......

Still searching

FYI The organisation of the folder "simobject" is the one I use for FSX SE on an other boot . And it works without problems in FSX SE.

ai1.png

Hello,

1 Question did you remove the original "TrafficAircraft.bgl" from Scenery\World\scenery?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

I have access to all my drives , I do not know....

I will do other things and come back later ...

Hoping some one found a solution ...

So only the default AI is visible..

See you later..

^^^This!

Try this path:

[Entry.14]
Title=Addon Airplanes 2
Path=I:\SimObjects\AIAirplanes
Required=False
Active=True
[Entry.15]
Title=Addon Airplanes 3
Path=I:\SimObjects\AI_Aircraft_CH
Required=False
Active=True
[Entry.16]
Title=Addon Airplanes 4
Path=I:\SimObjects\AI_Aircraft_NL
Required=False
Active=True
[Entry.17]
Title=Addon Airplanes 5
Path=I:\SimObjects\AI_Aircraft_RAAF
Required=False
Active=True
[Entry.18]
Title=Addon Airplanes 6
Path=I:\SimObjects\AI_Aircraft_VOZ
Required=False
Active=True
[Entry.19]
Title=Addon Airplanes 7
Path=I:\SimObjects\FTXAI_Aircraft
Required=False
Active=True

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Hello,

SOLVED

I have simplified my files/folders organization all out of LM P3D V3 folder and on an other HDD and now I can "see" my AIs.

Slowly moving AI Airplanes and Traffic .bgls from FSX to V3 ...

Thanks to all for your help.

Have a nice day

Archived