FSX problem loading textures

milesy1188

Hi all,

Having a problem with my FSX loading some textures. It doesn't seem to want to load airport vehicle textures or IVAO/Vatsim/AI Traffic textures. It loads my aircraft and all the other scenery textures fine. The attached image shows what I am talking about, with ground vehicles and another player aircraft 'greyed out'.

text1.jpg

I am running FSX on windows 8 in Direct X 10 preview mode (only mode that doesn't make it crash). Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Sam

Thanks both for your feedback. I have the UI installed but it still doesn't prevent FSX from crashing when I start a flight I am afraid.

Anyone else have any ideas as to what I can do? I know there are people out there running in Direct X10 without this problem.....

Thanks,

Sam

It may not be related directly to a DX10 issue. It could be that the textures used for the objects are not DX10 compliant. It maybe that they have been made originally for FS2004, or, in some cases, even 2002, and ported into FSX (for example in my experience the vast majority of FS2004 sceneries can be used in FSX - many will work OK or sometimes with a few minor issues caused by incompatible scenery objects - FS2004 tress for example appear within 'blocks' that can hide sections of other scenery items behind them. However, there are some that have never displayed correctly. It also could be that you are missing some of the relevant textures files for the objects.

Regards

Brian

• 2 months later...

Solved! Though I don't remember when or why I added the Line to my [MAIN] Section of the FSX.cfg file ""Disable Preload=1"" I deleted it and now the loading time is 35 seconds to my Default flight in cockpit.

Maybe this has something to do with your FSX loading textures, Mine was also slow at this, specially when I changed from Cockpit view to 3D Outside.

Twice i loaded in 35 seconds to cockpit, Then a few minutes ago I loded for a third time and it took foooor eveeeer; Once it loaded I took it for a short flight,the closed the sim and computer after restart i clicked Again on DekTop Icon and it loaded Again to Cockpit in 35 seconds, What happened that time???I Wonder.

Berlopez

Archived