P3D 2.5 update

bontik

I found the update to be a good one. However, IMHO, Version 3 is far better. I would not go through updating to 2.5 unless you plan to stay there. LM has said they wil not be developing the 2.5 series any longer. They are going forward with the structures they are setting up in V3.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

So? Perhaps they have $60 to plunk down? Perhaps they have nothing to plunk down. Perhaps they don't know that V3 is available. The OP didn't ask whether the $$ was worth it, just whether 2.5 was better than 2.4.

Asked and answered - stop being rude.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

I agree Vic...I really like Ver 3 but I still cannot get ASN loaded and I have literally tried everything I can think of....V3 doesn't accept me as administrator, but ASN on FSX does accept me....but updates of ASN even for FSX do not work....I will not contact Support simply becuz I cannot understand what they come up with as I am not a techie...I have loaded, unloaded , deleted and etc etc.....and still ASN will not work in my V3 but in 2.5 everything worked.... so I will take this computer to my professional computer person and see if she can make things right....also, I need somebody in Tucson, AZ to contact me to get this dern ASN into my Ver 3.. but Vic I just landed safely a PMDG at Atlanta from St Louis and the textures in V3 are quite nice I thought in the stock or default mode...al v

I just took a flight up the western coast of California all the way to PASI. Breathtaking! Smooth as silk.

Sometimes the ASN crew can use something like Teamviewer to take control of your computer and make the changes themselves. In pretty much every case, whether it's been a networked system or a standalone install, it comes down to permissions. The fact that V3 doesn't accept you as admin should be a big clue that something is wrong with your permisssions. Hopefully your tech guru can get it squared away. I have a feeling if you get V3 to accept admin, the other stuff will fall into place.

Patience - it will be worth it. I cannot fly w/o ASN any more.

Vic

P3D Rig

Many thanks for your reply. I have V4 installed and will stay there thanks. I still am unable to get FSX to "see" Megascenery Hawaii! AZ, UK and Yellowstone all fine. P3D sees Hawaii fine too. Not FSX.

Regards

Bontik

PS I'm an old toppie and no techie! So complicated stuff bugs my brain!

Bontik

I´m running P3Dv2.5. The update fixed some problems I had with ORBX. black patches on mountains and sometimes on water. But besides that, I dont really know if I can feel a difference.

So if you have V2.4 running fine, then why not stay with it. Its time and energy doing a new install of V2.5 and the difference is not big.

For now, I wont be updating to V3. Maybe when I feel the need for it and I have the time and energy to do so. I personally find that Lockheed Martin has made to many full installs lately. I think its great they keep on working on the sim, but a full install once every 18 month or so and a couple of hotfixes inbetween would suit me a LOT better.

If they hadn´t made V2.5, I would probably have gone for V3 now. But for now I will wait.

Scratches head... Wonders where in Kalifornia is PASI? :pilot:

This is what Google says.....

Sitka Rocky Gutierrez Airport

Website

Directions

Airport in Sitka, Alaska

Sitka Rocky Gutierrez Airport is a state owned, public use airport located west of the central business district of Sitka, a city and borough in the U.S. state of Alaska that has no direct road access to the outside world. Wikipedia

I use Google a lot to find out stuff quickly....al v

I like PASI because in addition to the land based airport you have a seaplane base adjacent. The scenery is fantastic especially Orbx and Tongass Fjords.

I decided to take a trip around the edge of North America - started at Key West in Florida, following the coast across New Orleans to Mexico and across to the West and then Northwest to Alaska (PASI) will continue up and around and wind up at Key West. I use a different a/c each time and, except for the weekends, take anywhere from 1 to 2 hours. Using ASN for real weather and seeing some fantastic scenery.

Vic

P3D Rig

Archived