Problems with Win 10 and Squawkbox

addie_breadstick

I've just updated my laptop to Windows 10 (being continually prodded by windows to do so I finally gave in!). I wasnt too bothered about updating, but my main concern was always FS and my files, Squawkbox in particular.

After the Update to win 10 I checked that SQbox was working and it seemed fine, it loaded up as per usual and I could see all of my saved flight numbers, aircraft types etc etc. I didnt have time to log on and check that it was still functioning but as far as i could see it was fine.

However, I have set up a flight this evening on my FS9, loaded up SQBox and now for some reason It freezes in the load screen. All it says is 'Fetching Server Info: Loading Network Info For Vatsim' (see picture).

The only thing I have done between SQbox appearing to work fine one minute and then not loading at all the next is I did change the default airport from KSEA to EGKK, and i set it up for Cold & Dark. Whether this has something to do with it i do not know? But im guessing its probably just the update to win 10?

Im ripping my hair out now, I have tried re-installing SQBox, running as admin all of the stuff that people have mentioned with similar problems, but to no avail.

If anyone has any suggestions or is having the same problem then please get in touch! I feel alone out here!

Many Thanks :)

-A.

sqbox problem.jpg

If anyone has any suggestions or is having the same problem then please get in touch! I feel alone out here!

I'm not being sarcastic when I say this but why don't you just go back to Windows 7?

As I've said in this forum before - stay safe, stay happy and stay with Windows 7!

Dijvid

Yeah it is pretty weird. I am pleased to say that by some miracle the problem seems to have rectified itself. I have no idea how, although i did spend around 4 hours today farting around with it. I tried uninstalling and re-installing SQBox numerous times, running in compatibility modes (all of them!) and I also had a go at reverting my copy of Squawkbox back to an earlier moment in time last year. None of this worked, however when I loaded it up this arvo to give it one last try it just worked. Having said that, SQBox no longer connects to FS9 automatically, I have to load up SQBox and get online, then connect to it manually by going Flights->Multiplayer->Connect which takes me into the FS multiplayer screen, then clicking on the link which in my case is labelled 'Squawkbox-TOSH-Adam' as im running everything on a Toshiba laptop.

Hope you find a solution! Also you might want to try deleting the FS9.CFG, i did this also however always backup just in case! I ended up using my backup anyway as i realised that this didnt have anything to do with my problem.

Hope this helps, if you get stuck with anything feel free to get in touch and if i can be of any assistance then i will be happy to help.

Archived