Project: Stealth Fighter - 1989 vs 2015

F-19 stealth fighter.

1989 vs 2015

The VSKYLABS F-19 aircraft is my most comprehensive project. It features a fully operational aircraft and systems, advanced, fully functional and animated 3D cockpit, extended sound package and more.

The initial version of the aircraft is released (1/12/2015) and available at:

http://www.vskylabs.com

f-19 1989 vs 2015 a.jpg

One of the best games I have ever played. Many a night was spent sneaking around those northern mountains. Except, they weren't mountains, they were brown triangles. Yet, for all that, they were probably the most realistic mountains I have seen in a game.

Imagination...the silent partner!

Great stuff!

Dom

I still have my old Atari ST box version:D!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

You really build some of the most interesting XP aircraft, and I don't mean just the F19.

Just wondering, have you ever flown any of those yourself (real world, I mean), which I would find pretty amazing? I know that in XP the flight dynamics are supposed to be correct if the model is, but still ... It can't be easy to get all the specs rights for unconventional aircraft like these.

You really build some of the most interesting XP aircraft, and I don't mean just the F19.

Just wondering, have you ever flown any of those yourself (real world, I mean), which I would find pretty amazing? I know that in XP the flight dynamics are supposed to be correct if the model is, but still ... It can't be easy to get all the specs rights for unconventional aircraft like these.

Hi RatRace,

In XP, if the model is "correct", the flight dynamics is supposed to be "correct" (giving all the limitations of a desktop flight simulator), but there are two questions to ask: a)what is a "correct model"? and b)how does the world of XP is in comparison to the real world?

Because we are covering in the simulation only a bit from both, "correct" is a relative matter...for both...

What I do, most of the time, is to choose which aspect of flight is important for me in a model, and try to focus on it.

You see, flight simulation environment nowadays is pretty cool, but it's not the real world! the so-called "flight envelope" is very narrow, like a small blanket, and you just can't cover all of a model's aspects with it; an aircraft will climb and turn correctly, but when you reach to the stall, it would not. On other cases the aircraft will bleed energy in a high-g turn, but when on a final approach, it would not, etc...

Your question regarding the planes I've ever flown...Well I had the honor to fly some real legendary aircraft(s) ;)

Thanks for your comment :)

Archived