Help!

Wilson9910

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr187/wilson9910/flightsim/the%20terrible%20flight%20sim_zpsov2ulmha.png

Hi there!

I am new to the forum and pretty much new to flight sim so go easy on me!

As you can see in my link above my flight sim looks terrible! is this how it starts out in default?? i want it to look so much better than this, is it simply mods or am I going to have to buy new expensive computer components :D

I am going to guess at the latter but all help is appreciated :)

Thanks

Aaron

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr187/wilson9910/flightsim/the%20terrible%20flight%20sim_zpsov2ulmha.png

Hi there!

I am new to the forum and pretty much new to flight sim so go easy on me!

As you can see in my link above my flight sim looks terrible! is this how it starts out in default?? i want it to look so much better than this, is it simply mods or am I going to have to buy new expensive computer components :D

I am going to guess at the latter but all help is appreciated :)

Thanks

Aaron

Not sure what you are expecting to see. That is default and normal. For any further advice provide system specs.

Not sure what you are expecting to see. That is default and normal. For any further advice provide system specs.

I am not at home at the moment so I will have to post my system specs when I get home, I know its normal but I wanted to know if I can make it look more realistic, you know with ground textures and the like, it looks so crappy with it all blurry and what not. I think Im making sense here lol

Its FSX I am playing, will post my PC specs shortly, just got home

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

System Type x64-based PC

Processor AMD FX™-4100 Quad-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 13.8 GB

Anything else you guys need to know?? :)

Can't see image, but I think it's what you can expect. Especially if you have no separate videocard and are using the GPU inside the processor.

Your PC spec is ok, but not great.

Some addons may improve things, but others may be to much load on the pc.

There is lots of free addons which can improve things like clouds, ground textures, and water, that have less impact on performance. Google "Aime Leclerqe".

There are also many addons on this site, aircraft, aiports, etc. Top of this page, click: "File Library" -- "Advanced Search".

And much more.

Takes a while to get fsx set up exactly like you want without overloading it. Don't expect miracles overnight.

Read through other peoples threads in the fsx forum to see what they are up to to get more ideas.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

System Type x64-based PC

Processor AMD FX™-4100 Quad-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 13.8 GB

Anything else you guys need to know?? :)

Yeah! Post a screenshot fer real this time so we can all have a look at what you see.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

To post a picture, convert that '*.png' pic to *.jpg'. Then when you post text, scroll down and look for 'Advanced'. Browse to where you saved the jpg and open it then upload and then click 'Done'. The jpg will be posted under the text.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

The screenie in question...

Just trying to help the OP...

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

And here are some shots from my default FSX with no scenery or weather addons-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/FSX-helipad-tokyo_zpsb0d383b3.jpg~original

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/FSX-storchA_zpscab49c19.jpg~original

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/FSX-mustVC5_zpshzhjiyyl.jpg~original

I don't have X. Iam a niner,but I've often told people who are non simmers what a beautiful thing the simulator can be.

But! If you're just plonked down at an airport somewhere and stationary ,some of those people I mentioned would probably think I was somewhat deluded.Little blocky buildings ,strange twiggy like trees ,box like vehicles etc etc

I always feel that it's when the Sim (aircraft) get moving that's when it comes to life ,beautiful clouds ,sunsets,sunrises ,moon ditto ,seasonal variations you know what I mean chaps.

Movement is life.

And that i think applies to FS as well.

PS OP

Your screenshots look okay to me.

But movement is the key.

No worries, Zip!

OP... take it slow and easy when adding Scenery for the 1st time. Make sure you're familiar with the Process, and ask questions if you've got an Issue.

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

The link didn't work for me either. That is why I was giving him instructions on how to post screenies direct to forum post and not have to go thru photobucket.

So it's not that it's '*.png'. That's irrelevant. He COULD like it better once he learns how to post directly. Much nicer. Less 'soap opera'.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived