Quite Amusing ????

Crazyclown

Well that was certainly interesting, Ollie !

Came across quite a few "Re-Paints" for the Aircraft of Rob Richarsons - Armstrong-Whitworth Meteor NF14 - Jet.

yet no where in any of those Repaint Descriptions , NOT 1 , was there a LINK to get the Base Pack or the original, to add the repaint too ?????

Thought maybe possibly there'd be a Link to the Base Pack listed on FlightSim.Com,, but nope notta, ain't happinin' !

just "Re-Paint" after Repaint after Repaint with no mention of where to obtain the original Base model or Base Pack .

So, after a few hours of GOOGLE searching :)

I came across this "LINK", simply amazing !!!

http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/page3.html

Yet NO Mention or Link provided in any of those Repaint listed

Example : https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=41151064

Wonder why the uploaders of All those Repaints are soooooo secretive about where to obtain the Base Pack Original files need to Enjoy all those Repaints ~ Ummmmm ????

makes the repaints - Pointless' !!

simple LINK, like this would make it easier and a lot less time consuming huh ?

Rob Richardsons Web Site : http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/page3.html

Your link to the repaint in the EXAMPLE goes nowhere! Looking at the repaints posted by the painters for Rob Richardson's Meteor NF14, I see your statement is true.....BUT my guess is that most people would be looking for the aircraft first before ever looking for a repaint for it.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Your link to the repaint in the EXAMPLE goes nowhere! Looking at the repaints posted by the painters for Rob Richardson's Meteor NF14, I see your statement is true.....BUT my guess is that most people would be looking for the aircraft first before ever looking for a repaint for it.

Surfing thru this web site, for something else, those Repaints came up, after looking at them, I went a tried to find the base model to no avail. on here, nor any link to the base model.

wasn't looking for a repaint for it, in particular, but, when a simmer sees a repaint for a particular Aircraft, it'd be nice to have a link to the Base model within the Description, as to attach the Repaint to it.

Just now I highlighted "Meteor NF14" in your quote above, added "fsx" to the end of it and Google had Rob's site at #1. How hard is that?

When people do create things like repaints there are no rules as to what they must include with them. Be happy to have them at all.

Robert Kerr

3D Modeler & Texture Artist

I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz, GTX-970 w/4GB, 8gb DDR 3 RAM, two SSDs, and Win 7 64 bit.

Just now I highlighted "Meteor NF14" in your quote above, added "fsx" to the end of it and Google had Rob's site at #1. How hard is that?

When people do create things like repaints there are no rules as to what they must include with them. Be happy to have them at all.

Re: N2056 - NOT hard at All, that's why in my "Original" post, you'll SEE, that I provided a Link where the Base Models can be found !

in case you didn't see that :

So, after a few hours of GOOGLE searching

I came across this "LINK", simply amazing !!!

http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/page3.html

Thank You for your - comment !

I DID see that, and that is exactly the link I got in my search. Sorry it took you a few hours to do a few seconds worth of work. Again, not something I would demand a repainter must do. It's not a conspiracy as you seem to think in your OP, just not something the given repainter thought to do. Would it be nice to include? Of course it would. Is it mandatory? No, it is not. When someone offers something for free they get to do it minus any rules. You aren't going to change that.

Robert Kerr

3D Modeler & Texture Artist

I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz, GTX-970 w/4GB, 8gb DDR 3 RAM, two SSDs, and Win 7 64 bit.

I DID see that, and that is exactly the link I got in my search. Sorry it took you a few hours to do a few seconds worth of work. Again, not something I would demand a repainter must do. It's not a conspiracy as you seem to think in your OP, just not something the given repainter thought to do. Would it be nice to include? Of course it would. Is it mandatory? No, it is not. When someone offers something for free they get to do it minus any rules. You aren't going to change that.

Ya' - Good Day to ya !

Re: What does providing a Link / posting a Link, within the Description of the Re-Paint to the Base Model, have to do with wanting money back ? Stringbean !!!

Sorry, my sarcastic font isn't working properly.

My point, as made by others, is/was that maybe it would be better to come and ask for help if needed, than complain about something that you got for free.

Have you ever painted a plane? Got any content in the library?

It takes many hours to make a quality paint that was offered to you for free.

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived