Slow keyboard and mouse response.

svpst

I posted this in the techie area but realized the last response in there was made by Columbus, so I thought I would try here.

Is the slow or delayed mouse and keyboard response being caused by Windows 10 or FSX-SE? Its driving me crazy trying to fly when you press a key 10 times and nothing happens. One other issue. When flying Cessna 172 pressing F3 for GPS nothing happens. Its possible i deleted the gauge. Any way to recover it?

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

Will have to do some research on the slow keyboard response. F3 should be for throttle, not GPS, as long as you did not reprogram it. Did you actually mean Shift+3 for GPS popup?

Don't know if this link will help, but here goes...https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?278397-FSX-delayed-keyboard-control-response

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

What type of connection are we talking about - USB or wireless.......

Have you installed Win 10 specifc drivers for the KB and mouse if required?

Check that all devices are working correctly by going to device manager and checking for any error icons (little yellow triangles).

The USB ports on a PC are normally controlled by dedicated drivers issued by the motherboard manufacutur or by generic (but dedicated) MS drivers and it could be that the W10 upgrade process downloaded incompatible drivers for your motherboard so check the Mobo website for info

Regards

Brian

I'm using logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. I've updated all drivers. accouding to device manager all devices are up to date and working, no error icons. I have an ASUS motherboard and when you want to get information from them they want to know how many times you went to the bathroom in the third grade. I tried to fill out all the information, but my machine was purchased in 2011. I've tried to get bios information from these people its like pulling teeth. I have a P8H61-M le/csm mother board, intel I-5 processor and EGA 550ti video card. The delay gets worse every day.

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

Hi Brian,

What type of wireless connector/connection do you use - a basic/standard usb connected receiver, a unified usb controller or via Bluetooth.

If one of the first two options try removing the usb connecter and start the computer without it connected. Allow the computer to run for ten minutes or so (this will allow any startup files that are set in a delayed start state to start) and then reconnect the usb and test. NOTE If Windows states that its installing new drivers let it do so (this would indicate that something went wrong during the upgrade process or during the driver installation). If the problem is resolved - happy flying!!!!

If not, disconnect the usb connection, go to device manager and uninstall the device and then uninstall the logitech software. Reboot without the usb connected as before and then connect the usb connector. Let windows install any new drivers and test. Then install the Logitech software.

For a Bluetooth connection its the same principle but you will have to use device manager to disable the Bluetooth adapter - unless your rig has a dedicated button or keystroke setup to do so

Regards

Brian

Its always some simple thing it seems. After all the updating i did, i finally got to try logitech. I tried to reset it over and over and decided maybe the unifying USB wireless connecter was in a wrong USB port. I simply moves it from a USB on the back of my puter to a USB on the front and VIOLA, it works. Crazy. Now, do you have any idea which gauge controls the GPS in the original download? When I press shift-3 I usually get the GPS pop up. Now i get nothing. The other codes all work but i accidentally deleted a gauge (which I now assume to be the GPS gauge,) but have no idea how to get it back without reinstalling. I think with the boxed set you could do a repair but i don't know about FSX.SE.

Any ideas? By the way thanks for all your time and suggestions. I appreciate it.

Brian W.

Do you get a GPS popup with any other aircraft or is it only the default 172? The .cab file in your gauges folder (fs9gps.cab) is where the GPS comes from.

Do you see this in your panel.cfg for the 172?

[Window02]

size_mm=456,378

window_size=0.5

position=8

BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0

VISIBLE=0

ident=GPS_PANEL

zorder=4

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0

No Zip, Its missing from all of the original planes that come with FSX. Both Windows 01 and 02 are missing. That file, fs9gps.cab does not appear in my gauges file so that must be the file i accidentally deleted. Do you know how I can retrieve just that file?

Brian W.

No Zip, Its missing from all of the original planes that come with FSX. Both Windows 01 and 02 are missing. That file, fs9gps.cab does not appear in my gauges file so that must be the file i accidentally deleted. Do you know how I can retrieve just that file?

Hope your German is up to par! Go to this site and do the download. It will be a new fs9gps.cab with some updates in it! Put it in your FSX/Gauges folder.

http://www.fsx-info.de/ms-standard-gps-500-gps-295-mit-verbesserter-strukturansicht/

The correct way to fix your files would be to do a REPAIR.

Can you do a repair with fsx-se? i know you could with the boxed version but was not sure about the SE version.

Brian W.

Rikoooo simulation site has a gauges and effects fixer app thats been updated recently to work with any FSX version. If zippies advice doesnt work, try that app as I did myself and it worked for me (had broken 747).

Also regarding the mouse and keyboard; I dabbled with wireless devices from many manufacturers for years and finally realised they were total crap for gaming. Many games have issues exactly as you describe with laggy or un-responsive keys. The best thing you can do *as a gamer* is to use wired devices. Even on xbox 360, with its built in wireless system the wired pad has a better response time.

Honestly a cheap £5 wired keyboard/mouse is infinitely better for gaming than even the most advanced wireless keyboard and mouse on the market. I just wish I had back all the cash I wasted on those wireless peripherals.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had a huge number of files kerflatched. But Steam found them all, downloaded corrections and i have a clean FSX and didn't lose a single add-on in the process. Thanks again!

Brian W.

I am a bit late to the party yet noticed something obvious missing in the advice.

Have you changed your batteries lately?

Old batteries might lead to slow performance.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I do appreciate the question and yes i tried that first. But it appears fixed now by moving my wireless connection to a front port. Seems to be fine today, thank you one and all. Opa was a good man I appreciate you remembering him.

Brian W.

Archived