Blackbox Airbus a330 - route help!

CptCaveman

So I bought the Blackbox A330 standalone package the other day and I am actually very happy with the aircraft. However I am having some rather major issues in getting flight plans sorted for the FMC and FSX.

I cant import flight plans because the generated ones I have tried causes the game to go nuts when activated in the FMC due to it making FSuipc crash and restart constantly (no simconnect data). I have found that it seems to generate a flight plan when entering your departure and arrival info. Or else its loading the current plan from FSX, I dunno.

So can someone shed some light on this for me?

Does the Blackbox Axxx FMC auto-generate flight plans? Or is it loading my FSX flight plan when I input the info? And if its generating a flight plan of its own, how do I get FSX to read the .afp format? Or do I have to tell FSX im flying VFR and "wing it"?

Advice greatly sought please!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would contact the Black Box with these questions, i'm sure they have a help forum. I have the Aerosoft Airbuses and have had many problems "ironed out" with their forum help. BTW, just curious are you really trying to fly VFR in an Airbus A330?

Good luck and i hope you get it sorted out.

No im trying to get routes setup and loaded in to the FMC so I can IFR at 4x sim speed. I have some big long routes I want to try out and needed a big-bus to carry the load.

Blackbox are only two developers afaik, so turn around on support is on the slow side to say the least.

Im not in to spending 20+ mins imputing it by hand, because I am partially dyslexic. I know how to use the FMC, I learned that pretty fast on the Airbus X previously. I just dont know the "quirks" and methods of the blackbox version. The manual is extremely light on the subject and skims over it without explaining it properly.

All I really need is someone to explain how I can load a planned route to the FMC without it going nuts. And from what source they planned & loaded it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was just thinking..you say you are not spending 20 minutes entering it by hand, just wanted to check that you are aware of the shortcuts. Try entering this into your FMGC

EGLL/EHAM

SID BPR airway Q295 CLN UL620 ARTOV L620 REDFA direct EHAM. See if that generates a full route, it should create Waypoints that you didn't need to input because of the airways you are following.

Ive cracked it. Basically I needed FsBuild and some tweakery on the flight planning. Had to remove SIDs, STAR's, and disbale NATs. Then save it in the PSS/A320 format & FSX xml format.

So now I just load the FSX plan in the game menu, and program the FMC with the PSS flight plan and jobs a good 'un.

And yeah Im aware of the shortcuts. But as I said I am partially dyslexic so it takes me time to make sure its programmed properly. Or else I am likely to make mistakes and mess it all up. So I prefer to generate and load a flight plan instead of typing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am enjoying it immensely at the moment. I have only flown the 200 variant so far. Not tried the cargo version, the 300 variant or the RAF tanker yet. Quite a nice package for under £20, I would recommend it for those on a budget who want a "nice" plane. Its not airbus X level of quality, but its good enough for the time being.

Oh and I think I found out the cause of the FMC going nuts with flightplans. The Airac data for the plane is from 2012, and I have been using the current 1510 cycle version to plot courses. So since there is a mismatch on data, Im pretty sure its causing a problem for the FMC.

I have updated the airac so things should improve.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Quite easy to do, because its built in to the FMC. Just press shift+5 (iirc) for the FMC, click the data button and then select "load route".

It actually tells you how to do this in the tutorial, so I don't understand where you got your info from but its out of date.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Happy-happy, joy-joy!

I have cured the fsuipc crashing problem with the aircraft. I got a bit suspicious about the cause of the crashing when it started again with a "clean" flight plan when I toggled the autopilot on.

My brain said "hold on a moe, maybe the auto-pillock is borked?". Turns out I was right. The autopilot information in the cfg is..... fracked up. Someone (bbs i r looking at you) just basically went down every option and put a 1 next to it. Which meant it was going nuts when activated from contrary commands.

So now its been re-written with the Airbus X autopilot info, since they should be identical as they share an identical Airbus FDC system.

Bingo, bango, bongo! Plane is perfect now. I have done Glasgow to Sochi and back again, and Glasgow to Dubai and the return leg with zero issues and perfect autopilot control.

Colour me happy!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived