FSX Aircraft with Auto Land Capability

DAVIDSTRAKA

I searched the site and have not found any FSX aircraft with Auto Land capability. Does anyone know of any?

Thanks!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't remember if any of the default jets can autoland or not.. I was thinking they

could for the most part, but it's been a while since I flew one.. If they did, it wasn't

too realistic as far as the systems though.

Most all of the good payware jets can autoland no problem.

The 737NGX can be set for fail passive or fail operational depending on the equipment.

Also can have roll out guidance if you have the integrated backup and fail op.

My pseudo BBJ3 737-900 has all that. But most all the others I fly, IE: SWA, etc

use analog backups and are only fail passive. But SWA doesn't do autolands at all,

so doesn't really matter.. They land cat III using the HGS.

I don't do many autolands.. I land by hand 98.7% of the time.. But I'll do one every

once in a while in the BBJ's because it's interesting to watch the plane land itself.. :D

Thanks MBKHOU. I may have to look at investing in a payware. In FS9 there was a Super MD80 that was a perfect freeware. I could set it up on the ILS anywhere, push the Autoland switch and the aircraft would do everything to the touchdown and stop. Like you all of my landings are by hand. I enjoy flying the turbo props and jets mainly. Every once in a while I will do some low and slow to check out the scenery.

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

autoln21.zip This is in the Library and is for FS2004 but works in FSX. I have it installed on my SWA 737-800.

Thanks! I will take a look at it!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i just wish the "auto land" it more like when it get to the destinations it would just land it self after we put in the ILS and the heading..

Seems like we have a couple good leads justbecausegtr :pilot:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The autoland gauge mainly takes case of stopping on the runway. Maybe also dropping the gear.

You still have to set up for a straight in approach and set flaps yourself.

It isn't as simple as "get near the airport at any altitude or heading and push the button".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The autoland gauge mainly takes case of stopping on the runway. Maybe also dropping the gear.

You still have to set up for a straight in approach and set flaps yourself.

It isn't as simple as "get near the airport at any altitude or heading and push the button".

+1 You still need to have your aircraft configured for landing, wheels down and proper speed and flaps settings, glideslope established.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I also found this site: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/15378/fsx-ils-cat-ii-and-iii-autoland-gauges/

The Auto Land is for specific aircraft including some of the default in FSX. The thing is, once you touch down you have to shut off the auto throttle and auto pilot. I installed it on the default Airbus A321.

auto land 1.jpgAuto land 2.jpg

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Curious why you'd auto land?

If you don't want to fly, why sim? The UPS guys I know hate the function.

Well, It's quite complex. I'm either flirting with a female flight attendant or had too many adult beverages to land.

Seriously. I just like testing all options on Flight Sim. :cool:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Curious why you'd auto land?

If you don't want to fly, why sim? The UPS guys I know hate the function.

Doing an autoland is part of flying a tubeliner in many cases. With an accurate plane

like the NGX, it's fairly interesting to watch. All the lights winking and blinking, etc..

Even though I don't do a lot of autolands, I still want my planes to accurately model

that function, being they are capable of it in the real world.

Not sure why the UPS guys would hate the function.. 767's?? A landing is a landing..

I'd rather autoland than have to divert to another airport due to low vis.

But I think it's more fun to hand fly a low vis landing using the HGS, than to let the

plane fly it using autoland. But some seem to dislike the HGS, and many airlines don't

have it. SWA has been using it for a number of years.

Not sure why the UPS guys would hate the function..

I would bet it is because they are pilots, who became pilots because they love to fly.

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I would bet it is because they are pilots, who became pilots because they love to fly.

I'm sure they all love to fly, but would that be a good reason for diverting to another

airport? I would hate having my days sked thrown totally out of whack a lot more than

doing an autoland if I were a UPS buoy. And to me, autolands are fun too in their own

way.

A good real world autoland tutorial/video with the 737NG. Not much different than

any other approach, except the plane flies the short final and landing. I bet they

would still prefer that work over say working at Taco Bell. ;)

The video is real good as far as a tutorial on flaps selection, etc, etc.. Shows every

step of the approach. I recommend for any new NGX pilot in addition to the usual

tutorials, etc..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm02l989PUw&list=PLQR3X8_t24hh69ApDGWvrhIfYKMks2OKm

I'm sure they all love to fly, but would that be a good reason for diverting to another

airport? I would hate having my days sked thrown totally out of whack a lot more than

doing an autoland if I were a UPS buoy. And to me, autolands are fun too in their own

way.

A good real world autoland tutorial/video with the 737NG. Not much different than

any other approach, except the plane flies the short final and landing. I bet they

would still prefer that work over say working at Taco Bell. ;)

The video is real good as far as a tutorial on flaps selection, etc, etc.. Shows every

step of the approach. I recommend for any new NGX pilot in addition to the usual

tutorials, etc..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm02l989PUw&list=PLQR3X8_t24hh69ApDGWvrhIfYKMks2OKm

That is amazing!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you want an "Autoland" gauge that does everything, try Martyn Beckers gauge.

Thanks!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The freeware Fokker F28 has a full Autoland included.

Includes approach, auto speed/gear/flaps settings and flare (all dependent on wind and actual weight).

Even does a proper landing at 20-25 knots crosswind.

Rob

Thanks Rob, I will check that out.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"It's Your Plane" can also land and taxi to gate. See; http://www.itsyourplane.com/

Hope this helps

I had a chance to check that out. It looks like an amazing program! Thanks.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The freeware Fokker F28 has a full Autoland included.

Includes approach, auto speed/gear/flaps settings and flare (all dependent on wind and actual weight).

Even does a proper landing at 20-25 knots crosswind.

Rob

Well, your creation is amazing! It just took me 3 flights to figure out the auto land. Here are a couple shots from Miami to Savannah.

fsscr004.jpgfsscr010.jpgfsscr011.jpgfsscr013.jpgfsscr015.jpg

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived