Active Sky Next + P3D

Timberleaf

I uninstalled my previous versions of P3D v2 and ASN before installing P3D v3. In doing so, how do I take advantage of the Beta for the ASN P3D v3? The update looks for a previous version, which doesn't exist because I deleted it. The new UPDATE isn't a FULL install. Do I have to reinstall v2 to use an earlier version of ASN to install the update?

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

You should be able to install any full version of ASN for P3D2 first, it's stand-alone so it just goes in your program files folder or whatever and doesn't really care about your sim installation. During the installation you'll be prompted to install the ASConnect stuff and that's the point where the installer wants to copy files to your sim installation, just cancel out of that part for now.

Next run the ASN P3D v3 Beta installer which should update what you did above so it works with P3D v3, again you'll be prompted to install the ASConnect stuff so this time go ahead and do it, but make sure the path for the install points to your P3D v3 folder and not P3D v2 (it wants to default to P3D v2, be careful here). After that start ASN and go into Settings > General Options and make sure "Simulator Installation folder" points to your Prepare3D v3 folder.

That's about it, what worked for me anyway. :)

Jim

Thanks! Worked like it is expected to. I was leaning toward these instructions as you typed them. Thank you for your reply. I am grateful.

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

• 1 year later...

Archived