Missing VC and 2D panels for downloaded Aircraft... Using 3 monitors and Eyfinity

D-Man

Greetings all,

I'm running FSX-SE with a Radeon R9 390 and using Eyefinity to display on 3 monitors (resolution is 4300x1050).

For stock and purchased aircraft the panels show up and function normally however, for virtually any downloaded aircraft the panels are missing (both VC and 2d). I 'm assuming this has to do with either a panel.cfg change I need to input or perhaps a gauge issue is preventing them from showing up!?

Am I close?

Does anyone know what the answer/fix is?

Would love to try some of the DL Aircraft from this site!!!

Thanks in advance,

D-Man

Seattle WA.

Not all downloads are complete aircraft.

Many downloads do not have VCs.

Many downloads alias the 2D panel to another plane.

There could be several reasons why things do not work as expected.

Can you give us a specific example of a file you are having problems with?

Without specific info all we can do is guess.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

As Bean states, there are various reasons for the downloads not to work, but there are many, many more that are fantastic in every aspect. Many FS2004 aircraft work perfectly in FSX also!

If a problem arises with a download, be sure to give the exact filename (Don't try to link to it). We are here to help.:D

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks for you're input and here are a few examples of the "full aircraft" I have downloaded and tested. The result are the panels do not show.

Let me know what y'all think.

alaska_airlines_vc.zip

738_alaska_lei.zip

tds788trent_boeing_n787ba.zip

c182rgii.zip

posky75x.zip

Thanks in advance,

D-Man

Thanks Zippy..

Glad it works for you however do you have the same set up I do.... 3 monitors and 4300x1050 Res? (FYI I do have WideViewAspect=True set).

These aircraft have been in circulation for a while, have a large number of downloads and I believe I've used them in the past.

Basic question is... can I change a .cfg file to make the panels work in my environment or is there something specific with the build of these aircraft that will prohibit their operation with my systems current configuration?

Again thanks for the help.... have been a casual sim'er sense 1998 and have enjoyed the support of the community off and on from that time. Y'all Rock!!

Cheers,

D-Man

Sorry, I don't know much about what has to be done for these aircraft panels to work with multiple monitors. The 2nd aircraft Alaskalei worked also especially after fixing the aircraft.cfg that listed 10 different [Fltsim.xx] and making sure that the texture=asklei.

It's strange that you stated in your first post that "Stock" aircraft display fine but the downloaded ones from here have problems.

It's strange that you stated in your first post that "Stock" aircraft display fine but the downloaded ones from here have problems.

Welcome to why I asked the question to start with. :-)

Yep, Stock and Purchased aircraft I have no issues with... it's only the Downloaded that seem to have issues. That leads me to think there could be a config difference or perhaps a gauge issue with the "Free" aircraft and the ultra wide format of my system.

Again any other input is welcomed..

Cheers,

D-Man

Hi D-Man,

I'm asking this because I've done this myself a few times without realizing it: You are unzipping these files PRIOR to installing, yes? :p

Hope this helps,

E-Buzz :pilot:

i5 4690k @ 4.7gHz (Water-cooled), 8GB ram, GTX 960 2GB, 850 EVO 1 TB SSD, 50" LED TV + 2x27" monitors, Thrustmaster HOTAS, Win 8.1 Pro, P3DV4, TrackIR, EZDOK, a bunch of Orbx stuff, a chair, a hacked-up desk, and a cold drink.

I guess that Bean and I wanted to be sure the downloads that you had problems with were working on single screen setups and had no missing items.

Looking and comparing aircraft.cfg beteen the default 737-800 and the 2 Posky models, the only thing I saw as a diffenence was

[VIEWS] default 737

eyepoint= 48.2, -1.55, 1.90

[Views] POSKY models

eyepoint=42.70, -1.55, 1.9

Hoping someone can come up with an answer for you.

Looking and comparing aircraft.cfg between the default 737-800 and the 2 Posky models, the only thing I saw as a difference was

[VIEWS] default 737

eyepoint= 48.2, -1.55, 1.90

[Views] POSKY models

eyepoint=42.70, -1.55, 1.9

Nice... Guess I never thought of doing a straight ahead CFG comparison.

Any one of us is never as smart as ALL of us!! Thanks Zippy!!

Will play with this after work today!!

D~

Archived