FSX is driving me NUTS!

robertocav

Hello guys, i need ur help and oppinion if you have any idea what's happening.

I'm having FPS issues with my FSX. I can't get more than 20 in the VC of my PMDG 777 or Airbus a320. I've done my fsx CFG with that online tweeker, updated all my drivers, even found a tutorial to modify the settings in ATI CCC especially for fsx. My rig is

MB: z68 X ud5

CPU: i5 3570k 3.8 ghz

GPU: r9 280x

RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1600mhz.

My fsx addons are:

GEX

REX

What's happening?

You've maxed out your system. You either need to upgrade your computer or lower your FSX sliders. Also, there is absolutely nothing wrong with getting a steady 20 FPS in FSX with those planes.
http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

I see, so your saying my pc isn't strong enough to Suport a 30 40 fps? My cpu as far as I know is ok so is my graphics card. The thing is 20 fps I ran with my ex cpu i7 920 the first generation, and gtx 570 card. And now with a 3rd Gen cpu and a double performance video card I get about the same? I think I m doing something wrong.

To some degree, it's also the FSX software that is the cause of your performance issues; even though Microsoft tried to improve FSX and its ability to work with a multi core processor (SP 1 & 2), that was 7 years ago. While CPU's and GPU's continued to improve over time, FSX essentially got left behind, and wasn't updated to keep up.

Like Jim said... you'll need to do some fine tuning with the Sliders to maximize performance as best possible. With the type of airplanes you're using, and also flying into heavily trafficked Airports as well, your performance is going to take a hit in those situations.

Hope this helps, although it might not be what you wanted to hear... :(

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

I agree with the others. You've maxxed out your machine. You will never see 30-40 FPS. For that matter, with the T7 neither will I. All you can do is move the sliders to the left. And I agree with Jim, there is nothing wrong with 20 FPS given the conditions.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

I think he should be getting a wee bit more than 20 fps if he fiddles with some settings. Im in the PMDG 739 ngx with REX & ORBX stuffs and getting 30-40fps in the VC with graphics sliders almost maxed. And my rig is not too much different from the OP's just a little beefier.

i7 4770k 4.3ghz / 2x4gb match pair 1600mhz ram / R9 270X 2gb

@OP - No your rig as it stands is not good enough for 40+ fps with near max settings, PMDG planes, REX and GEX. Your going to have to bite the bullet and lower settings across the board till you have at least a stable 30fps average.

First, in the PMDG operations center, go to performance settings and set the all the VC options to low. While its not as pretty, it will help you to start with on the performance front.

Second, in the game lower your sliders! You simply cannot "max" FSX settings without a seriously monstrous rig. And with enough view windows open it will cripple even the best PC on the market.

Taking this in to account, start at the bottom and work your way up!

A.) Set mesh resolution no higher than 10 m (NEVER change this higher!)

B.) Set water effects at Low 2x (NEVER change this higher either!)

C.) Set scenery object sliders to "low"

D.) Disable ALL traffic.

E.) Set cloud draw distance to no more than 70km

F.) Set cloud detail at medium

G.) Disable Bloom, its a major performance killer

Now test your frame rate. If and I stress "IF", your rig manages to get frame rates above 30fps average, you can SLOWLY turn up traffic and scenery settings till you find a good balance between frame rate and visual fidelity.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First, in the PMDG operations center, go to performance settings and set the all the VC options to low. While its not as pretty, it will help you to start with on the performance front.

To help frame rate you only need to reduce the actual display res. The PMDG NGX virtual

cockpit textures and model can be left at high res, as they won't really effect frame rate.

Setting the virtual cockpit display res to low can add a couple of fps in most cases.

Still looks OK, just the displays "PFD, ND, etc" are not quite as sharp as when set to high.

I love to practice from Trenton (KTTN) to Teterboro (KTEB),I use the A2A planes, but the frame rates were really bad as I got closer to KTEB. I would do this flight everyday, and that's when I really started to see the difference. For me flying in different areas affects my FPS. I got the slider set at 30 FPS and what you guys are saying I agree. I'm happy if I'm getting 20 FPS. Below that you start having break downs. So what I do if flying to KTEB, KMIA, KLAX or other big cities is adjust my sliders accordingly to what I want to see. Try flying the stock planes to see if that makes a difference. I don't have the PMDG, but I do fly the Aerosoft Airbus. And again the big cities really affect performance. But I have to consider everything I have running to have a smooth flight.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Boats, ships, road traffic are easy cutbacks if you're in an aluminum tube, they really won't matter anyway. A lot of people cut back on things that don't matter to them or affect them.

While STOL flying you don't notice or need a lot of commercial air traffic. While flying at FL20 & up you don't need a lot of ships, auto, and ferries. Pick your battles.

BTW: Until fairly recently many commercial films were made at or near 20fps. If you have a solid 20fps, you shouldn't have any concerns except bragging rights.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

First of all thnx a lot guys for ur support and ur spirit, meanwhile I've managed to make my fsx unplayable, I have tweeked again and again, and now I have some odd artefacts and textures in the sky... So I got a bit upset and moved to prepar3d v2.5 or something. Till now I'm more than happy, I can only brag with 30 40 fps and unbelievable graphics on dx11. Using Rex 4 and Airbus a 320. The graphic sliders are almost at max including antialising and supersampeling enabled with the help of Radeon pro, I can quickly look at my charts using alt+tab and the switch is lightning fast. It seems to be more optimized and healthy for my system. I think I'm going to stick around with this piece of software for a while. And btw, I haven't edited my cf for the moment. Cheers!

Archived