When it Absolutely Positively Has to be There Next Day

BillD22

Here's a quick shot of a FedEx B727-200F from sometime in the 1990's along with an ad slogan from that era. The airplane is on a visual approach to Panama City airport in Florida (KPFN) in the early morning hours with the rising sun casting a pink glow on the airplane and clouds.

You can see the airport rotating beacon as a point of light next to the waters edge in the lower right of the shot

FedEx has long since retired all of their 727's so this is a scene that you won't be seeing again in the r/w

The airplane is the Captain Sim FSX 727 ported over to the latest version of P3D v3 so the clouds and scenery are the P3Dv3 default textures

[click on the image for a full screen view]

fe72.jpg

And they're still getting it there - with newer aircraft. Nice one Bill. :cool: :)

Thanks Larry! I sat next to a FedEx Captain who was deadheading on a flight from Dallas to El Paso once a few years ago - he was wearing a ball cap that said "FedEx - Because packages don't bitch!"

You gotta love it!!! :D:D:D

Always thought the 727 was probably the best looking of the Boeing jets

with that swept back tail and all. I always liked it better than the 707 as far

as looks.

I remember when I was in the 3rd-4th grade in the middle 60's, I used to draw

pictures of that plane, using that exact side profile view. :D

We have one of those sitting at KBIL that was given to the city of Billings for training purposes. De-fueled, and engines removed.

There're everywhere!! We've got one here too - FedEx must have gotten a tax write off or something for donating them ;)

Thanks for the good words Jan, Darrell, Darren, & MBK

Here's a quick shot of a FedEx B727-200F from sometime in the 1990's along with an ad slogan from that era. The airplane is on a visual approach to Panama City airport in Florida (KPFN) in the early morning hours with the rising sun casting a pink glow on the airplane and clouds.

You can see the airport rotating beacon as a point of light next to the water in the lower right of the shot

FedEx has long since retired all of their 727's so this is a scene that you won't be seeing again in the r/w

The airplane is the Captain Sim FSX 727 ported over to the latest version of P3D v3 so the clouds and scenery are the P3Dv3 default textures

[click on the image for a full screen view]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]183095[/ATTACH]

Did Captain Sim ever release a fix for the P3D "cant find aircraft" bug?.....it sucks having to start P3D directly from a flight plan every single time.

Bill, great pic of the 727! I use to jumpseat quite often on the -27. Always enjoyed it! Yes, FedEx did get some tax incentives for donating the -27 to various schools. At any rate, now I jumpseat mainly on the MD-11, 757 and A-300/310. Haven't been on the 767 and 777 yet.

Not long ago one of the Airbus captains (jumpseating as well) told me he had the best part time job anyone could ever have....he worked only 2 weeks a month. He even mentioned how much he made last year. I was not surprised at all....haha!

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

Did Captain Sim ever release a fix for the P3D "cant find aircraft" bug?.....it sucks having to start P3D directly from a flight plan every single time.

Haven't run into that problem but am having some probs with the CS 727 flight instruments working in P3Dv3

Bill, great pic of the 727!

Not long ago one of the Airbus captains (jumpseating as well) told me he had the best part time job anyone could ever have....he worked only 2 weeks a month. He even mentioned how much he made last year. I was not surprised at all....haha!

Thanks Joe - nice work if you can get it! :D:D:D

Archived