What is FlightSim's Official Position on the FS9 NoCD Hack?

davidjones

As far as I know, it's still a taboo subject to FlightSim

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Fellows, I appreciate the responses. I want input and a policy statement from Nels or whomever is the senior moderator these days - the FS9 forum is awash with NoCD stuff and it isn't being moderated. That indicates either a policy change or sloppy moderation.

DJ

Silence speaks a thousand words.

The fact that the sticky thread in the FS9 forum about the no-CD file is gone should tell you something.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Bean - I have my suspicions; I'd like a formal statement. I have been a First Class member of this site since Nels came up with the idea; if the site doesn't have a formal position (and I don't care which it is) and isn't willing to state it in writing, then I have no interest in continuing my financial contributions.

DJ

What is there to be suspicious about?

There is no conspiracy.

FTR, I asked the same question three weeks ago and never received an answer - https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?293112-To-the-mods

So I guess they will have to struggle on without your help.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

My suspicions are that they don't want to take a position and that is not acceptable. You either accept the EULA terms or you don't - there really isn't an in between. Your opinion is irrelevant in this regard - I asked the management. I can certainly struggle on without your particular help or lack thereof.

DJ

Some people have a holier then thou attitude. FS9 is so far off peoples radar that it is practically abandonware. Also, since The FlightSim Store still makes money off FS9 addons I would bet they don't care where people get the program as long as they buy the addons. Good God, I have had FS9 since it came out. Still have it in the Metal Collectors Tin. I have used that patch since it was created. Not everyone uses it for nefarious reasons.

Does it really matter on a 12 year old piece of software?? :rolleyes:

Don't ask; don't tell. This appears to be the reality of today's position.

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

• Founder
OK, official position: I would prefer that it not be discussed since under the strictest interpretation the no CD software is not proper to use. The reality of course is that pretty much everyone knows about it and Microsoft has never seemed to make any effort to do anything about it. So, please do not discuss it but I'm not going to be running around banning everyone in sight just because they mention it.

Thanks for your reply, Nels! I'm sure that no one wants to run afoul of the Rules, and also keep from offending anyone.

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

OK, official position: I would prefer that it not be discussed since under the strictest interpretation the no CD software is not proper to use. The reality of course is that pretty much everyone knows about it and Microsoft has never seemed to make any effort to do anything about it. So, please do not discuss it but I'm not going to be running around banning everyone in sight just because they mention it.

Excellent!

The wisdom of Solomon prevails.

Cheers Andy

Why would anyone keep dragging up this NoCD issue again?! It's called a moot point. I think people who start a thread with his subject again also like poking the bear. (But, newbies get an exemption).

Don't think anyone's dragging anything.As far as I know there has never been a clear stance by Fscom on this issue ,now there is (albeit rather hazy in its clarity)

We now know were we stand .

Good!

Andy

Don't think anyone's dragging anything.As far as I know there has never been a clear stance by Fscom on this issue ,now there is (albeit rather hazy in its clarity)

We now know were we stand .

Good!

Andy

There used to be a pinned thread at the top of the FS2004 forum explicitly banning discussion of the patch in question. It recently dissappeared, and a few threads lasted longer than usual, leading to questions of what, if anything, changed. Now everyone knows.

Archived