Multi-function buttons

flyfree76

Hello everyone .

I try to do a panel for radio (COMM and NAV) and autopilot (A/P),but I got stuck and do not know what to do.:confused:

The panel should work like this:

I select "A/P" (apbut),lights up line for A/P,pressing "1but" under the section entitled "HDG" choosing the "HEADING_BUG",

pressing the + (upbut) or - (dnbut) increases or decreases the value of "HEADING_BUG".For the "AP_SPD_VAR" choose "2but" and so on.

If I want to change the settings for "NAV and COM", click "navbut" or "combut", then "3but" for "COM_RADIO_WHOLE"

or "4but" for "COM_RADIO_FRACT" and the "+" or "-" increases or decreases the pre-selected values .

The buttons "NAV A/P and COM" activate systems on the panel - work ok,lights up and activates the selected option.

The other buttons do not work as they should.:mad:

For the trial I programmed the buttons "1but, 2but, 3but, 4but" for reduced the value of the variable "COM, NAV and A/P".

I enclose a drawing explaining the appearance of my panel and scripts for the panel and buttons.

File "HUD HEAD" I was divided into two parts, because of the limit of 20 KB per file.You need only connect them by copying the "HUD HEAD2" at the end of the "HUD HEAD".

I thank you in advance for your help.

head.jpg

1but.txt

2but.txt

3but.txt

4but.txt

apbut.txt

combut.txt

dnbut.txt

navbut.txt

upbut.txt

HUD HEAD.txt

HUD HEAD2.txt

Due to the divided nature of the text files I'm not sure exactly of the logic flow, but in my initial look here is something I found.

In navbut.txt you set the value of the variable to 0 - 0 (>L:navbut, number), and then in the 1but.txt file you test for the value being set to 1 - (L:navbut, number) 1 == if{ (>K:HEADING_BUG_DEC) }

So if you press the NAV button and then the 1 button, it appears nothing is going to happen.

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

I can think of 2 places to look for answers. I am totally ignorant of XML programming, well, not totally, but pretty much...

Anyway, on the FSDreamTeam forums there is a guy screen named Orion that's real good at XML. Probably a few others too, since someone on there wrote the gauges for the FA-18 in FSX Acceleration, including the MFD/PFD displays, that have various soft-buttons. Pretty much the same thing you're doing. The address is http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php. You might try asking in either the General or the Unofficial F/A-18 Acceleration Pack board, which seems to be whre he hangs out. Registration is free.

Another great resource for MSFS questions, including gauge programming, is the FSDevelopers forum. Pretty self-explanatory...http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/

Hope all that helps.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Thanks for your answers.

Tom, you're right, my code is strongly twisted. Well-functioning buttons are: "navbut", "apbut" and "combut" all others I created as Patterns and I have no idea how to program them.

Unfortunately my understanding of XML is very low, I'm a graphic designer and write code makes me almost physical pain ...:confused:

I also have a problem with writing on the keyboard, I write so slowly that when I finish I forget what it was in the beginning ... ;) :rolleyes:

I admire the programmers who write it all without errors.

I'll try at indicated by Pat forums.

By the way, Pat you have cool flying cat, it looks like me, during the first flight at hang glider, I also was lurking...:pilot:

Rob.

Archived