Anyone have the Quality Wings 757 ?

teisco

I have the QW 757.....it is very good ...the only complaint I have is the interior lighting on the panel is pretty dim with no way that I know of to brighten it...(but I am an old geezer) perhaps others can comment on this and other questions you have...

Frames remain fine on my system. Lights don't dim, although you could choose between full panel flood light or just the lettering of the panels to be illuminated.

For the price, and all the variants, plus the free liveries, it's well worth the purchase.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

I have been using QW since the FS9 days. Very good on frames and a great value addon. To give you an example, I flew from KJFK (Dzerecki Designs) to KSEA (Taxi2gate). Used 80% WOAI along with REX clouds etc. Even out of KJFK, I was getting 40 FPS. Into KSEA I averaged a little bit higher. In between flight I got as high as 70 FPS. I use a boxed FSX with Steve's DX10 fixer. Also, my CPU is fairly new - Intel I7-4790. At $25 per copy, you can't go wrong with QW 757. Best of all, it comes in four versions: fs9, FSX Boxed, FSX SE and P3D 2.X.

Got it but found it lacking in several areas. The autopilot knobs do not work, you have to move the numbers in the windows instead. Many overhead buttons and knobs do not work. The interior lighting knobs in the overhead do not work and the lighting knobs on the side only one or two work and they are not variable.

I have the same aircraft (757) for X-Plane and all knobs work including the autopilot knobs and all the lighting knobs work and are variable.

Plane flies nice.

Let me think - I don't like it because it lacks features so you want me to go to a version that lacks even more features? Hmmmm. Don't think so.

Oh I'm so sorry your highness. Just trying to help.

Bye.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

The above is all true, however one must keep in mind that the QW product is deliberately a bit "light" on the full blown everything works just like the airplane side of things. It was apparently designed to more or less realistically mimic most normal operations of the 757, but not require a real life ATP and type rating to fly correctly!

In this QW has, for the most part, succeeded pretty well. I have the QW 757, the 757 Professional for XPlane, and the gold standard of all 757/767 attempts, the LDS 767. The LDS and the XPlane product are what are being called "study sims"; ie, you have to know the airplane, or undertake to learn it, to the level that an airline pilot knows it in order to actually fly it correctly.

The QW 757 is not faithful to reality to that degree. Most things work (one way or another) just fine for normal operations, but the systems are not programmed for abnormals, nor for some of the finer points of operations that do not really affect hobby flying in FS. If you want to fly it from point A to point B in a fashion realistic enough that only a real 757 pilot or an LDS veteran would notice the shortfalls, well then you are in for a treat!

Why? Because the QW, believe it or not, actually "flies" very much like a real 757. I know whereof I speak!

And really, we didn't fiddle with the lighting knobs all that much in the real thing - we just set them and more or less forgot them!

But if that sort of thing appeals to you, and good on you if it does (!), then we must all await with ever more baited breath for the arrival of the LDS 757, which has been "on its way" for so long that the real airplanes will probably be in the boneyard by the time it gets here! Or get the Xplane version (which of course requires XPlane which is another whole topic!).

Archived