FSX disappears in Windows 10 (New install)

isbo83

I've just installed FSX on a new laptop (HP Pavilion 15-ab090no, windows 10) running with a AMD Radeon R5 graphic card.

The installation did go without any trouble, and also everything in the FSX main menu and settings and display of aircrafts works as is suppose to.

But when I press the Fly Now! button in the main menu, after a few seconds FSX just stops working without any notice (not even crashing) it's shuts down the game and return to the desktop.

I've been trying to look around on different FSX communities to find a solution, but so far without any luck.

Does anyone know to fix this issue?

Best regards.

Dude, that R5 isnt really a proper graphics card. Its a low grade onboard chip for laptops. Its not made for gaming.

Absolute nonsense!

I also an even older HP laptop with a "low-grade onboard chip" that runs FSX with no problems.

Absolute nonsense!

I also an even older HP laptop with a "low-grade onboard chip" that runs FSX with no problems.

I agree 100%! FSX is CPU based. I can't imagine any GPU out there won't play FSX. Look elsewhere.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

FSX will run on my old Dell Inspiron laptop here, with a Dual Pentium T3200 at 2 GHz with Intel's 4000 graphics. It doesn't run well, but it runs!

But, we should stop arguing CPUs and chipsets and concentrate on solving the OP's issue...

Isbo83, the information in the event viewer is important here, can you post that? No problem if it's in Danish, I can handle that!

Jorgen

I had a similar result with update to Win 10

I set FSX to run in Win 7 compat and in FSX settings, set it to use Direct x 10

Hope that works for you.

I'm now having issues flying online but at least after a month of reinstalling and tweaking

I'm back in the air.

Good luck

Ron Wilson

WWA185

ASUS P8-Z77-V PRO MOTHERBOARD

Intel core i7-3770 @ 3.40Ghz

WINDOWS 10 pro X64

16 gb Ram

Using on board intel HD 4000 graphics

ON BOARD AUDIO

WD 10EZEX 1TB HARDRIVE

• 1 month later...

Still no solution found for this issue.

FSX is still shutting down directly after I press the 'Fly Now!' button in the menu.

And again, this is happening after I've installed FSX. I've tried to set run FSX in the different windows compatibilities modes, put the outcome is stille the same FSX just dissapears from the screen, without any further notice, not even the 'Flight Simulator X has stopped working' or a 'Windows crash' popup.

What to do? :confused::confused:

Still no solution found for this issue.

FSX is still shutting down directly after I press the 'Fly Now!' button in the menu.

And again, this is happening after I've installed FSX. I've tried to set run FSX in the different windows compatibilities modes, put the outcome is stille the same FSX just dissapears from the screen, without any further notice, not even the 'Flight Simulator X has stopped working' or a 'Windows crash' popup.

What to do? :confused::confused:

I had the same problem but used Win 10 Compatability Troubleshooter which sorted startup "Fly Now" but I think its just a case of changing the Graphic settings, "just move the sliders in FSX Settings" works for me but still have to get FSX to run in Full Screen. Hope this helps!

There are 2 things because it's a 'NEW' computer.

1st is the NUMBER of running processes due mainly to the bloatware that is (by default) installed. You might need to remove some of that 'junk' programs that are using up your resources and preventing FSX from 'running' (as opposed to 'starting'. Video works on 'shared' memory. Processes use memory.

2nd is DID YOU REBOOT YOUR LAPTOP before you attempted to fly in FSX? Just wondering as you seem to be stuck in a loop. That's all I got.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived