BigLarry1950

I have taken an AI DC-8-71 and converted it to a flyable version. I did check the .AIR file and made a couple changes, added the default 747 panel (4-engines) and the sound pack for a CFM-56 sound set. Everything looked great until I attempted a couple of night flights. I have managed to get the landing & taxi lights to work, but not quite right. The taxi light switch does not effect the taxi lights. When I turn on the 2 landing light switches, those turn on and so does the taxi lights. Now then, with them turned on at night, they are not visible from the cockpit pilot seat. Absolutely no ground reflection when landing or taxiing. They do show up from the exterior (spotter) view. Is there a possible problem because of have 2 separate switches for the landing lights ... Left and Right as labeled on panel?

All other default and addon aircraft work properly for the lighting.

Here is my [Lights] section of my aircraft.cfg file.

The last 5 lines I added trying to get those lights

above and the cockpit cabin lights to work.

DC8-71-Light Section.jpg

Larry ~~ South Bend, IN (KSBN)

Models made with older versions of development software don't show landing lights from the cockpit and this may be one of them. I have quite a few flyable aircraft that do the same - some date from FS2002 but most were built in early FS2004 days, before their developers purchased upgrades. I gather nothing can be done about it. Wouldn't matter for AI use of course.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

• 10 months later...

My issue with invisible lights is that I had them for POSKY, TDS, SSP, etc., aircraft; now they're gone. Might there a file other model or AIR missing from somewhere else? I was trying out a panel for the POSKY 744s and am now thinking that something got erased.

thanks.

John

Also, some modern AI aircraft use another "trigger" for their taxi lights since that switch doesn't work on AI aircraft. Typically people use a combination like gear down, landing lights off, and the plane is moving, since that is when the AI plane is taxiing. This is not changeable by the user.

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

I may be wrong, and often am, but it looks to my poor old eye (yeah, just one left...) that all the entries from 7 to 10 have comma's where there should be dots. Thus: Light,7= when it should be light.7= . I believe that those won't work at all.

Also, as mentioned, you can try to make them fx_landing.fx

Another thing, although I won't say this is vital, in the plane's aircraft.cfg [Electrical] section, you may or may not, I haven't played with landing lights in a long time, need the lines

light_landing = 0, 5 , 17.0

light_taxi = 0, 5 , 17.0

If they're already there, you're golden on that front.

Last, but not least, and this doesn't affect whether they work or not, just how they look, in the library are two possible landing light updates, either of which is good, although I prefer Nicks Light Fix v2.0 (HERE). You might want to take a look, once you get things going. I use it personally in my FS9.

Hope this rambling helps some...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived