TDS Boeing 737-800 installer is missing AIR file

jagard2

i have downloaded the TDSBoeing737-800 aircraft but it is not showing in my aircraft, when i start FS9.

i went back to the aircraft folder, that was in the download, "explored" it and found the installer file 'Shadowed'. When i tried opening that, i got a message telling me that the 'AIR' File is damaged.

can anyone tell me where i get another one, or another 737-800 package .

This happens about twice a year. The air file is NOT damaged. What is happening is that you install of Adobe Reader also installed Adobe Air program. The Adobe Air program has taken possesion of all '*.air' files and when FS9 tries to 'open' the air file the prgram that 'responds' to 'Open Air File' is Adobe Air program and not a flight simulator program (ie: AirEd). Uninstall the Adobe Air program and then right click (Flt Sim) '*.air' file and choose 'Open With' and click on 'AirEd air file editor'. That should fix it.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I don't have Adobe Reader, I use Foxit Reader instead, it is a lot smaller program but does the same thing.

If you can't get the air file to work you could always use the default 737 file instead. It's actually a good air file, I've used it on other aircraft too with success.

YOU don't have Adobe Reader and/or Adobe Air But HE (the OP) probably does.

So it's not the air file that is 'corrupt'. It is fine. It's just that Adobe Air changed the association and any/all '*.air' files (that belong to Flight Simulator) do not 'work' and are thus labeled as 'corrupt' (which is not correct). So just using a different (Flight Simulator) '*.air' file still will not 'fix' the problem.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

One other thing to remember about TDS aircraft is that they are very finicky, especially when adding Repaints. The syntax in the title= line of each Livery HAS to match the Base Texture ([fltsim.0]) or else that Livery will not show up.

To the OP... which -800 Package did you Download?

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

I know. I have Foxit reader. I don't have Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Air as I don't need either one of them. Foxit reader is free and it works as good (if not better) than Adobe reader.

Chuck B

Archived