Windows 10 and FSX problem

ptr1959w

Hi there,

I am having trouble with my FSX . I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now my problem is when I try to exit from a flight the screen goes dark and just hangs. then I have to use the contrl alt and Del to exit the FSX program..How can i fix this ? Any help is greatly appreciated..:) Thanks in Advance..:)

I tried FS9 abs FSX with windows 10. A black screen covers the programs when any optional menu button is clicked. Alt-Control-Del then pressing the cancel tab deletes the black screen. The second half of Win10 is due to be released in 30 to 60 days, Until then WinXP - Win8 should be used. I put s fresh install of my Win8.1 back on my machine.

Ignore the horror stories, Win10 is fine for FSX for the most part. Almost all issues atm are due to instalation errors, most likely caused during program migration from an upgrade install.

So long and short of it is, re-install FSX from scratch. Then its playable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ignore the horror stories, Win10 is fine for FSX for the most part. Almost all issues atm are due to instalation errors, most likely caused during program migration from an upgrade install.

So long and short of it is, re-install FSX from scratch. Then its playable.

That's easy for you to say! Are you on their payrol?

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Reinstall is easy. Just takes time. I would always recommend a reinstall after upgrading your OS. It is the only thing that gets rid of all the stuff left behind you do not need. Also, no I am not on the payroll so a reinstall for me means FS9, FSX and P3DV2. Around 850gig of files.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried that and it didn't fix the black screens. If I run the sim in windows mode it is fine. Only when I run in Full Screen does it do the black screens

I had the black screen problem, easy fix just locate your fsx.cfg & rename it. Then open up FSX & let it remake the .cfg.

Keith

..........The second half of Win10 is due to be released in 30 to 60 days, Until then WinXP - Win8 should be used..........

The 2nd half eh!!! The current release is a total version. The 'half' you refer to will be a patch to fix common problems that users have flagged to MS but that they have deemed not requiring an immediate patch during the normal update cycle. No conspiracy theories here - it standard MS practice.

+1 to the comments by Caveman. Indeed, a search of the forum threads on this subject by the OP prior to posting would have given the answer he seeks.

Regards

Brian

Archived