What causes AI aircraft to veer off when coming in to land?

ColR1948

I recently made a list of small UK airfields in FS9 that had parking spots, these were airfields I never visited normally, I even had to look up where some of them were lol.

Any way I have been setting up some AI flightplans to put them in use, but I've noticed on the ones I've tried the aircraft makes an approach then veers off never to return, I also noticed there was no comms at these airfields so is that the cause?

I am using AI aircraft as well not flyables as I read somewhere they can behave oddly so I made sure on this case.

These airfields were deserted and they did have parking available, plus i was using small GA type aircraft, I tried different ones just in case it was that particular aircraft but still they wont land.

Any ideas please?

The airport is free from faults (ADE)? Sometime I found airports without the black runwayline.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

Hi John,

They/it isn't going around, I was following with Traffic View Board and had the Comms on, the aircraft were turning on to base leg, lining up then all of a sudden veer off.

I found a thread on another forum, I wish I could remember which one but there were few on there with the same problem, one of the advices was what I said above it may have been because the airfield had no comms.

As I said above the airfields had parking available and were deserted, these were default airfields in FS9 not addons.

Well I took a look at one of the airfields I had a problem with, Sywell EGBK, this is a default one not an addon, it had one fault when I ran the checker plus the parking linked directly to the runway, rather than spend time on it I decided to leave it and not go there.

As I said in my earlier post I made a list from just looking at smaller airfields that had parking, I presumed as they were default they would all be OK, so the first few I tried with ai aircraft all produced this error, so it is more than likely a lot won't have comms plus any other minor errors causing the ai not to land.

If you are using default nothing-added-to FS9 airfields then there is no guarantee that they will ever work, even with atc comms. When downloading existing airfields to use as a base for new scenery I have discovered taxiways or taxipaths that do not actually connect to a parking spot, that the runway has only the "visual" runway and not the "runwaytaxipath" that is required for AI, etc. Do not forget that Microsoft farmed the airfields out to the lowest bidders, who wasted no time on anything that was unlikely to be checked later.

Roger Wensley: Your point is well made. In the intro to the book "Capricorn One" there is a fabulous quote attributed to the late famous Werner von Braun. "Every time they wheel one of these rockets out to the launch pad, all I can think of is the one million parts, each one made by the lowest bidder, and I hope and pray that everyone has done his homework".
Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Well I took a look at one of the airfields I had a problem with, Sywell EGBK, this is a default one not an addon, it had one fault when I ran the checker plus the parking linked directly to the runway, rather than spend time on it I decided to leave it and not go there.

EGBK looks OK to me, as long as traffic uses Runway 7/25. If you find traffic tries to land elsewhere, just close off the other runways.

Not sure about all this stuff about the lowest bidders . . .

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

• 2 weeks later...

On the subject of AI veering off on landing, I am still having problems when I program a TNG, I have made sure the airfield has comms and parking space etc, I'm using TTools.

If I do a TNG to leave airfield A and return to airfield A it works but if I do a plan for the AC to leave airfield A and do a TNG at airfield B then return to A it veers off on the return when on approach to airfield A.

I've copied other people's flightplans but still it is happening, it's got me puzzled.

Archived